1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

Good luck with your project. Nothing for me, as I don't do anything in this period.

But just a thought. There was some discussion on this topic earlier. See http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16990.0.html where some people have expressed interest already. Have you tried contacting them directly, as some may not visit the forum very often? Or is that a big no-no due to the GDP legislation nowadays?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leon

Quote from: OldenBUA on 10 October 2018, 04:05:22 PM
But just a thought. There was some discussion on this topic earlier. See http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16990.0.html where some people have expressed interest already. Have you tried contacting them directly, as some may not visit the forum very often? Or is that a big no-no due to the GDP legislation nowadays?

We'll be sending out a newsletter for the project tonight hopefully and I'll be contacting those guys to see if they're still interested.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Quote from: Shecky on 10 October 2018, 12:10:57 AM
I'd also do a similar order for Italians if those get done.

1809 Italians are essentially French in white coats (or green for the leggera) - chasseurs barely distinguishable from French although I'll admit the dragoons should be a bit more Empress dragoon like than French line, foot artillery is also French in style.

The  horse artillery though, that requires using the Warsaw horse artillery because czapskas!

So if you want Italians at least pledge for the Polish horse artillery  :D

Zippee

Quote from: fsn on 10 October 2018, 07:43:15 AM
Dammit! I'm never going to get the Korean War finished.

A question. Will the jaegers etc be in "skirmishing" poses? e.g. NWU7.

Also could someone remind me what the Warsaw headgear was at this time? I'm away from my reference books and can't remember.

We made a decision on the Wurttemberg Leichtes and Jager the uniforms being so very similar that to reduce the number of sculpts we'd do one skirmishing, the other marching and allow purchasers to decide - I guess if we crack the target we could look at doing both options for both. Otherwise poses I believe will reflect the mix of poses in the other 1809 packs.

The Warsaw infantry are overwhelmingly in czapska, fusiliers and voltigeur/grenadier because that was the issue for 1807-9 (putting aside what was actually worn due to chaotic supply methods for the moment). However we have included grenadiers in bearskin to allow 1810 onwards as it was a very common appropriation for grenadier companies. The chasseurs a cheval are in shako and essentially French as are the hussars, the uhlans are in czapskas naturally. Foot artillery are in shako, horse in czapska (from 1810 they adopt a colpack so you can use French Guard Horse Artillery). Hope that helps

Zippee

10 October 2018, 06:40:12 PM #19 Last Edit: 10 October 2018, 06:42:35 PM by Zippee
Quote from: Leon on 10 October 2018, 12:20:46 PM
Yep, probably something similar to the Austrian ones:

If I had a vote I'd opt for firing and loading/advancing rather than the kneeling pose. it may just be me but on the table it just looks like tall and squat firing pose, having a distinct second pose adds a greater perception of variance.

sultanbev

There's no plans for Italians I'm afraid, but you can use the existing French as Zippee's going to do?

Never mind the Italians, what about Neapolitans? Okay, apart from standards I can use French infantry, but the cavalry are fairly unique.

Mark

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 07:09:02 PM
There's no plans for Italians I'm afraid, but you can use the existing French as Zippee's going to do?

Never mind the Italians, what about Neapolitans? Okay, apart from standards I can use French infantry, but the cavalry are fairly unique.

Mark

Please itemise their commitment to the 1809 campaign  :D

sultanbev

Quote from: Zippee on 10 October 2018, 07:23:56 PM
Please itemise their commitment to the 1809 campaign  :D
They were defending France's southern borders from a joint Spanish-British-Portuguese invasion to take pressure off the Austrians...... :)

sultanbev

Damn, I posted a pledge and some questions and it's disappeared  :'(

sultanbev

10 October 2018, 07:55:47 PM #24 Last Edit: 13 October 2018, 09:38:44 PM by Leon
Okay, here's some thoughts if I can remember what I tried to post.

Kneeling skirmishers - no, I don't use kneeling figures, so yes, replace them with stood/running figures is fine.
Artillery - I prefer the 2 guns, 8 crew, 2x 4-horse limbers in one set as this is how I field my batteries. So don't leave out limbers where they are not currently available.

I'm doing my Napoleonics at 1:10 so most battalions are 50-90 figures, and cavalry regiments 40-100 ish. I tend to build entire corps too, so over time will be buyng lots of troops.

Some Polish Legions c1800 will be coming up on my to-do list next year, so I'll be after some Poles. The Hesse-Darmstadt range would be good, as you can never have enough infantry in bicornes for doing earlier armies.

As I'm no longer building lead mountains, but buying units as I paint the previous bought ones*, my initial pledge is
4x NDW1    Line/fusiliers, march attack   £5.25
1x NDW3    Line/fusiliers command   £5.25
2x NDW4    Line Elites (Volt/Gren), march attack NO COMMAND (16)    £2.80
1x NDW7    Mounted officer (5)    £1.75

* it's worked so far, I have a brigade of 1812 Austrians painted in a month, with 2 batteries and 2 ammo wagons, and you know how big those Austrian battalions are!

Mark

Chris Pringle

Quote from: fsn on 10 October 2018, 07:43:15 AM
Dammit! I'm never going to get the Korean War finished.

I don't think the Koreans have finished it either, have they?

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 07:55:47 PM
Kneeling skirmishers - no, I don't use kneeling figures, so yes, replace them with stood/running figures is fine.
Artillery - I prefer the 2 guns, 8 crew, 2x 4-horse limbers in one set as this is how I field my batteries. So don't leave out limbers where they are not currently available.

We'll make sure the skirmishers are in standing/firing/running type poses, no worries there.  The artillery will be in packs of 3 guns + crew as standard, but we can sort out your 2 gun / 2 limber packs once everything is done.  We'll just need to hit our targets and add those to the list!

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 07:55:47 PM
4x NDW1    Line/fusiliers, march attack   £5.25
1x NDW3    Line/fusiliers command   £5.25
2x NDW5    Line Elites (Volt/Gren), firing line, NO COMMAND (16)    £2.80
1x NDW6    Mounted officer (5)    £1.75

Thanks for that, added to the list!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Oh yes, I remember what else I posted. Ahem

if all 2155 members of the forum go and buy $10 of MicroMark lists over at the Wargames Vault by this deadline, I can fund the other £2K of pledges and pay for the missing 1812 Russian light cavalry as well.....  :o

Mark

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 07:37:05 PM
They were defending France's southern borders from a joint Spanish-British-Portuguese invasion to take pressure off the Austrians...... :)

I thought they were garrisoning Italian coastal defences (those that existed by 1809) in order to free up the northern Italian field army and French units stationed there but same end effect.  :o

Neapolitans are only really needed for 1812-13 and their real moment of glory in 1815 I felt it was a stretch to push them as part of the core 1809 range  ;D

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 10 October 2018, 09:15:51 PM
Oh yes, I remember what else I posted. Ahem

if all 2155 members of the forum go and buy $10 of MicroMark lists over at the Wargames Vault by this deadline, I can fund the other £2K of pledges and pay for the missing 1812 Russian light cavalry as well.....  :o

Mark

So what are MicroMark lists and why do we need them [apart from fulfilling this pledge?]