The Wanderer returns

Started by Maenoferren, 07 October 2018, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Hello lovely people on the forum, life, depression, and othe ups and downs have kept me away for a while.  But I am back.... I have eventually finished my Amazon's bought in about 2015 and have started on the Mongols purchased when they were released.
So wha excitement have I missed?
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

paulr

Welcome back :-h

You've missed many many new releases even the Aztecs have been released

Many interesting and/or weird discussions and of course Techno being picked on ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Cheers Paul,
Poor Techno, I thought you might have directed your picking on at me as I wasn't there  :d

Typical, No Aztecs...... so I buy gazillions in 15mm and the Pendraken bring them out in 10mm :'( now there is a conundrum... do I get rid of the 15's and buy 10's
  :- :- :-

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Welcome back! Had the same problem with ACW - after acquiring, painting and basing loads of Peter Pig 15mm, Pendraken brought out their new ACW range - whilst I like my PP figs., I already started a Pendraken SYW collection and so life would have been a lot simpler, terrain wise, if I had waited and gone with Pendraken. Que sera!  
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

Welcome back!

I hope life is now on a more even keel.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Wotcha!

Nice to have you back.

What have you missed? Well Techno was arrested for what turned out to be a misunderstanding over a frozen chicken, d_Guy has revealed he actually comes from Darlington (UK) and I took a first and two second places in the painting competition.*

Are you still in Shetland?

Quote from: Maenoferren on 07 October 2018, 07:58:20 PM
do I get rid of the 15's and buy 10's
Get rid of the 15's. 15mm is dead; it just doesn't know it yet.  :D

*One or more of these may not been completely true.     
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome back and of course you know 10mm is the only way to go!

Maenoferren

Thanks for the welcome guys... it's good to be back. Life is indeed back on an even keel. I did get drawn into 28mm Flintloque and have been painting those up like a man possessed, oh and I got given some 15mm French and Indians wars stuff which I have painted up this year.

I started a blog last September to get me motivated again. Most of my painted stuff goes on there. My Mongols are today's post  ;)

https://bogenwaldblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/07/mongol-cavalry/

Feel free to have a mooch.

10mm still to paint
Warband Elves
orks and Dwarves
Samurai Apes
A pile of Sudan stuff I had forgotten I had.

I have been ogling at the 10mm wildlife, and  I want more pack animals for the Sudan, as well as some Indian troops. I am forcing myself to paint up what I have before I get anything else though. On the upside this method got me remotivated into painting 10mm.
I was away in Aberdeen at an oil spill exercise and I wanted something painted quick. I found the Amazon's and rattled them off. They are on the blog too.

I am indeed still on Shetland, we had our games day yesterday. The busiest so far from what I remember.

cameronian

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 October 2018, 08:19:06 PM
Hugs mate, good to see you

Lemmey there's a spelling mistake in your title ...
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Techno

Welcome back, M. :)

Cheers - Phil

Leon

Welcome back!  I just assumed that the internet coverage on the island had died and you were trying to harness tiny horses as a power source...

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Maenoferren

Quote from: Leon on 08 October 2018, 12:31:34 PM
Welcome back!  I just assumed that the internet coverage on the island had died and you were trying to harness tiny horses as a power source...

:D
Maximum upload 0.2 so pretty close.😉