Greetings from Belfast!

Started by mmcv, 06 December 2018, 11:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

In other news, it seems I've now graduated boot camp and am no longer a cadet but a second lieutenant.

Fenton

Quote from: mmcv on 03 January 2019, 04:27:53 PM
In other news, it seems I've now graduated boot camp and am no longer a cadet but a second lieutenant.

It's too late now. You still had a chance to get out while you were still a cadet
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Sunray

Quote from: Fenton on 03 January 2019, 05:03:38 PM
It's too late now. You still had a chance to get out while you were still a cadet

Well, actually you can still walk away until Fenton administers the Oath and gives you the tattoo.

After that you are the Boy with the Pen-draken tattoo  and no other forum will touch you.

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Sunray on 03 January 2019, 05:10:48 PM
Well, actually you can still walk away until Fenton administers the Oath and gives you the tattoo.

After that you are the Boy with the Pen-draken tattoo  and no other forum will touch you.

Oh very good!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Fenton

Well played Sir
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mmcv

X_X =)

Maybe I should leave....

Sunray

Quote from: mmcv on 03 January 2019, 06:02:32 PM
X_X =)

Maybe I should leave....

What and miss this level of criac?

Strain on internet as the non Norn Iron forum googles "criac".

mmcv

Quote from: Sunray on 03 January 2019, 09:51:50 PM
What and miss this level of criac?

Strain on internet as the non Norn Iron forum googles "criac".

Haha, you make a strong case for staying!

I do enjoy the strange looks you get when you talk about "enjoying the craic" to those who don't know what it is.

For the uninitiated out there it's pronounced "crack", as in "crack cocaine".... but it's not. Honest. We're not all off our heads. Except maybe Sunray... though I think that's just him naturally...  :D

Sunray

Quote from: mmcv on 03 January 2019, 10:11:37 PM
Haha, you make a strong case for staying!

I do enjoy the strange looks you get when you talk about "enjoying the craic" to those who don't know what it is.

For the uninitiated out there it's pronounced "crack", as in "crack cocaine".... but it's not. Honest. We're not all off our heads. Except maybe Sunray... though I think that's just him naturally...  :D

My only legal high was a 10mg  IM of C17H21NO7S.   = +1 Soldier's Joy.  :)

mmcv

Quote from: Sunray on 04 January 2019, 12:19:35 AM
My only legal high was a 10mg  IM of C17H21NO7S.   = +1 Soldier's Joy.  :)

;D

I notice you specified only legal high...   :-$ :P

I'd never actually come across the term "soldier's joy" for morphine before, very interesting!

Sunray

Quote from: mmcv on 04 January 2019, 01:04:59 AM
;D

I notice you specified only legal high...   :-$ :P

I'd never actually come across the term "soldier's joy" for morphine before, very interesting!

Dates from ACW

It comes from an old Scotch Irish fiddle tune, Burns used it "Jolly Beggars".  It emigrated with the Scotch Irish from Ulster to the Carolinas and changed tempo.  By the ACW it was set to words of the Soldier's Joy

Gimme some of that Soldier's Joy, you know what I mean
I don't want to hurt no more...my leg is turning green

mmcv

Quote from: Sunray on 04 January 2019, 09:49:13 AM
Dates from ACW

It comes from an old Scotch Irish fiddle tune, Burns used it "Jolly Beggars".  It emigrated with the Scotch Irish from Ulster to the Carolinas and changed tempo.  By the ACW it was set to words of the Soldier's Joy

Gimme some of that Soldier's Joy, you know what I mean
I don't want to hurt no more...my leg is turning green

Aye, it's a good wee toe-tapper tune, looked it up there.