For King and Fighting - any period rules

Cheers
Ian

steve_holmes_11

Flintlock exchanges during the age or reason:

Cock and (let fly your) Balls.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 October 2018, 01:48:17 AM
Get the #$%^ off the table! - house rules if there are any cats on the premises.

When I play at one of my feinds houses the cat often gets on the table to "watch" . Just sits there watching us play.  I think it because we ae not giving them the attention they think they deserve.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Typical cat. Surprised they dont start playing with the dice !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: ianrs54 on 09 November 2018, 08:44:42 AM
Typical cat. Surprised they dont start playing with the dice !

Never play dice with cats.
I saw that documentary about a character named Top Cat, a dubious player.
Don't play them at cards either.

Fenton

Yup as everyone knows there related to cheetahs
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Westmarcher

:D :D :P

Did I ever mention that in one game, my opponent's dog stole one of my units?  :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

lowlylowlycook

I'm afraid unless someone has had a unit eaten by a croc, Florida golfers will always have better "Pet or wild animal interfered with my game" stories.

Ithoriel

Friends were in Africa. He a missionary and teaching at the local university, she a teacher in the local school. They have three boys, all under ten at the time. They have taken the decision that the family will live simply, given the poverty of the local villagers, so children's toys are basic and scarce in the house. No TV or computers either.

Big event at the university the night before, Mum & Dad home late having walked the last couple of kilometres of the trip. So, they are keen to have a lie in.

Kids, having been sent to bed at a ridiculously early time, in their estimation, by the babysitter are up and crashing around the house.

Mother yells to the kids that Mummy & Daddy would like a bit of peace and quiet.

Loud bickering among the children over who woke their parents.

Mother: Why don't you go outside in the garden and play ball.
Eldest boy: A cat has the football
Mother: For goodness sake, just chase it away
Eldest boy: It 's a VERY big cat

Mother wanders over to the window still half asleep to shoo this cat away .... sees pride of lions on lawn .... suddenly wide-awake mother realises all that separates children from lions is a dozen or so yards of grass and a few millimetres of glass .... hurtles downstairs, grabs startled children by scruffs of necks and drags them upstairs and proceeds to barricade the door with furniture.

Pride moseys off an hour or two later. Football in the garden not a thing for some time thereafter.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Local rule on African golf course - Players may remove their ball from Hippo footprints without penalty.

IanS 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 January 2019, 01:01:14 AM
Pride moseys off an hour or two later. Football in the garden not a thing for some time thereafter.

:o :o :o :o :o
EEEK !!

Quote from: ianrs54 on 13 January 2019, 09:14:57 AM
Local rule on African golf course - Players may remove their ball from Hippo footprints without penalty.

I've got a feeling that there's a golf course, in the 'States, where they have a local rule concerning alligators, where you're allowed to move your ball...or even play a different one, if your shot comes within a certain distance of said alligator.....Florida ?

Cheers - Phil

Last Hussar

Camping in France in the 80s, and my mum woke us up one morning with "Bill [my dad] there's a llama outside the tent."

OK, not a lion, but this was Brittany
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno

A damn good tale !!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Quote from: Fenton on 12 January 2019, 04:41:16 PM
Yup as everyone knows there related to cheetahs
Everyone who knows in that place is related to a cheetah???  :o Wow! isn't evolution wonderful.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 13 January 2019, 11:10:42 AM
Everyone who knows in that place is related to a cheetah???  :o Wow! isn't evolution wonderful.

It is indeed, though strictly speaking we're all related to cheetahs ... however distantly. Perhaps "there" was a typo and he meant "here"? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data