Wargames Collection Giveaway Kirriemuir Wargames Club email contact

Started by old smokie, 28 September 2018, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Very much saddened to read your news, Smokie. You've put up such a good fight and can proudly say you've helped to make a difference to other people's lives. Best wishes. Stay brave.  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

sunjester

It's already been said, but I'm very sorry to hear this and wish you well.

rim66

Can I also offer my sincerest sympathies - I was also alerted to the TMP version of this message and have passed it to the Club Secretary, who is looking to get in touch.  If you don't hear, please do feel free to let me know and I will smooth the channels all I can. Or email me at morr2212@yahoo.co.uk and I will forward the message on.

Kind regards,

Richard

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

old smokie

thanks for  all the kind words guys much appreciated, cant complain really had a good life seen and done lots of things most people dont, and I am honoured to be helping out our community of gamers, its something I have always done and encouraged and I enjoyed doing it as well. Its good to make even the smallest contribution.

Sunray

old smokie

A big thank you to Derek form the Edinburgh club for picking up my collection hopefully it will be of benefit to some people, 

now just need to find the energy to list my military book collection which I'll be selling off a lot of uniform and military history books a lot of them new and in excellent condition, I,ll let you all know when thats done all the money raised from the sale will be going to charity.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Bless you, Smokie.

I really don't think any of us knows quite what to say.

VERY.....Best wishes, again.

Phil

barbarian

Yes, I am just speechless.
This is a very generous and kind action you did.
Must be really heart breaking to see your collection go.

I guess in certain circumstances, things don't have the same value as before.

I hope you have your family near you.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Poggle

I'm humbled by your fortitude and pragmatism, sir. Best wishes.

Leon

I'm so sorry to hear this Andy and as Phil says above, I don't quite know what to say.  After we'd missed you at the shows earlier in the year I figured we'd be bumping in to you as usual on our next trip up your way, so it feels odd that that might not be the case now. 

I'm glad to hear that Derek was able to come and collect everything, the Edinburgh club are a great bunch of guys so I'm sure the collection will get some good use in its new home.

You've been a loyal customer of ours for a very long time and I want you to know how much we appreciate that.  It's easy at times to forget, but it's all of the folks like you that keep a roof over our heads and food on the table, and Pendraken wouldn't be where we are without you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

old smokie

thanks for that Leon, love the pendraken ranges and the great staff and customer service I have had from you and Dave and the rest of the team. I also appreciate what you and Dave do and the way you accomodate our requests, glad to have been of service and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Very glad people will get the use of my collection rather than it ending up in the local rubbish tip thats a bonus

Nick the Lemming

I'd like to think that when my time comes, I'll be half as accepting and organised about it as you are, Smokie.

I'm currently laid in up bed with the return of kidney stones, and under the influence of morphine, so I may not be too intelligible, but I hope your last days are comfortable at least, and you go with the knowledge that you've helped and are continuing helping out a lot of other people. You'll be sincerely missed, even though I only know you from this forum. Take care, old lad.