Wargames Collection Giveaway Kirriemuir Wargames Club email contact

Started by old smokie, 28 September 2018, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

anybody have a email contact for Kirriemuir Wargames Club

reason is I am giving away my entire 10mm wargames collection for free as my health has detorated quite rapidly.  :(

I am unable to pack or mail anything so you would have to come and collect it, it has been valued at roughly  £4000-£7000

The makes are all 10mm Wargames South/Arrowhead, Dragon, Minifigs, Magister Militum. Pendraken, Shapeways.

There is scenery, buildings, trees, terrain etc along with figures.

The figures are WW2 British, German, American, Russian, DAK, 8th Army, Italians, British, German, American Paratroopers some painted and based others with base coat. there are also figures from AWI British, American, German, professionally painted, Saxons, Normans Viking armies unpainted, 2 x Fantasy Armies unpainted , WSS French and Bavarian  unpainted. Napoleonic British, Prussian, Nassau, French, Brunswick and  Russian   armies unpainted, ACW unpainted

Shedman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

old smokie

thanks guys, but the game is up for me unfortunatly

forgot to add there is some 15mm medieval as well, russians, tartars, Saxon etc

Ithoriel

Jeez! Sorry to hear that. Hope things go as well as they can!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Sunray

Quote from: old smokie on 28 September 2018, 03:43:37 PM
anybody have a email contact for Kirriemuir Wargames Club

Old Smokie,

I applaud your dignity and composure. I hope I have the same bottle when my time comes.

Your concern for disabled veterans and DLA petition some years ago did not go unnoticed.

The information annotated below will hopefully of some use.

A basic web search revealed a KWC website  www.kirriemuirwargames.co.uk  - I have copied the one contact listed email and a couple of phone numbers

The contact email posted on their website is for Ross Patersen (Webmaster) findal1990@gmail.com  - Mobile 07867 429429

The club chairman  is Dale Smith, 46 Brechin Road, Kirriemuir, Argus DD8 WDD Landline telephone  01575 574128  

The club has been around since the 1980s, and going strong.  A lot of well painted eye candy graces the site pages.

Good luck mate.  If you need anything else, do post.  We on the forum may be able to help.  

James aka Sunray  

Terry37

Tough decision, but one we all have to face at some point. I am not ready just yet, but have promised certain armies to friends, and the rest to be sold with the profits going to Bunny rescue. My uniform library is what I feel of most value, and have not decided on that yet, but want it to have a good home.

I tip my hat and add my prayers,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Quote from: Sunray on 29 September 2018, 01:03:45 AM
Old Smokie,

I applaud your dignity and composure. I hope I have the same bottle when my time comes.

Your concern for disabled veterans and DLA petition some years ago did not go unnoticed.

Seconded
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I really don't know what to say, Smokie......Apart from the fact that I'm so sorry to hear your news. :(

I second all the above comments.

Very best wishes - Phil

FierceKitty

Sympathetic thoughts from one who, like everyone here, is a fellow-traveller with a one-way ticket. The readiness is all, as I wrote somewhere....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

pierre the shy

Very tough decision to have to make Smokie, but I agree with all the other respondents its a very good one.  

The Kirremuir Club will I'm sure make very good use of your collection.

Having myself been the unexpected receipent of a fellow gamers collection I'm sure that the club members will really appreciate your generosity.

So how am I certain of this?

Well I might be sitting in front of my PC at 9.20 at night on the other side of the world but Kirremuir is actually a little bit in my blood, since my mother is related to one J.M Barrie....

In 2015 Lisa and I were fortunate enough to be able to visit Kirremuir for a day when we were last in the UK and meet some of my relatives.

Two weeks before we left NZ we buried one of my best friends, Rob Cameron, who I met in high school at the first meeting of the wargaming elective that got me started wargaming.

A couple of days after the funeral his brother rang up out of the blue and told me that Rob had left me all his gaming stuff. I was fortunate enough to see Rob a couple of times near the end of his days, but he never said a word about his gaming stuff to me.

Smokie - I wish you all the best and thank you once again for your decision.

Cheers
Peter    

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.