Being able to save your basket

Started by Theo, 25 September 2018, 10:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo

Hello friends,

This one is addressed to the good folk at Pendraken I suppose; Leon how feasible is it to incorporate a feature unto the Pendraken online basket whereby we will be able to save things we have added over different days?

To elaborate; I often notice that I add 9-10 codes in the basket and then next day when I log in the basket is shown as empty again. Now this may well be a problem/issue with my computer but if not, I would submit that it would mighty useful if it could remember those codes over time. I am saying this because I often find myself adding more codes over the period of a week or a few days as I decide to buy them.

For eg. now I have about 5 codes I know I need to fill in some blanks in the AWI collection but as I am in the process of carefully going through the scenario books to see what else I might be missing I know there is bound to be more codes to come up.

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Theo
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, it is something we'd like to add to the website and allow folks to store their Baskets for longer.  I think currently it's only 1 or 2 hours.  I will speak to our webguy and see how easy it is, or whether we would have problems with cookies and such in this new GDPR world!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Until such time you may find a pencil and paper quite effective.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Theo

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2018, 11:08:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback, it is something we'd like to add to the website and allow folks to store their Baskets for longer.  I think currently it's only 1 or 2 hours.  I will speak to our webguy and see how easy it is, or whether we would have problems with cookies and such in this new GDPR world!

Thank you Leon; much appreciated. Or maybe we could have a separate "basket" the classic Wishlist which we can populate with codes and then we want to order to have a button to transpose the contents of the wishlist directly unto the basket to purchase.

all the best,
Theo
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Theo on 25 September 2018, 11:51:57 AM
Thank you Leon; much appreciated. Or maybe we could have a separate "basket" the classic Wishlist which we can populate with codes and then we want to order to have a button to transpose the contents of the wishlist directly unto the basket to purchase.

Possibly, it all depends how much it costs to build the coding for extra features like this.  We'll talk to the webguy and see what we can do.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 25 September 2018, 11:17:14 AM
Until such time you may find a pencil and paper quite effective.

In today's world, perhaps you need to include a brief video tutorial explaining what they are and how to use them.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Womble67

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 September 2018, 01:02:18 PM
In today's world, perhaps you need to include a brief video tutorial explaining what they are and how to use them.

lol are you volunteering for doing the tutorial

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 September 2018, 01:02:18 PM

CLASSIC !!  =O =O =O

I think there a number of 'simple' things that could do with tutorials, nowadays. (How to boil an egg.....How to use a screwdriver/hammer etc.)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Quote from: Womble67 on 26 September 2018, 11:25:48 AM
lol are you volunteering for doing the tutorial?

Take care

Andy

With my handwriting? You're kidding, right?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Hand-wri-ting?   :-\

I assume you mean a script font.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Yeah I was assuming a video tutorial

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!