Terrain, Ethiopian and otherwise

Started by lowlylowlycook, 24 September 2018, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 21 October 2019, 03:21:12 AM
Also thinking about whether it would be better to flock the ground after the resin cures so it does't get soaked up out of the pools as much.

Nah, looks great as is: there's often a soggy area around the edge of pools :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 23 October 2019, 04:30:26 PM
Nah, looks great as is: there's often a soggy area around the edge of pools :-bd

I'm thinking I'll delay the flocking but maybe I'll brush some resin around to make the ground look wet.

lowlylowlycook

Had to mess around with scraps of foam to bevel the edges of the ponds but I've now based and covered things with sculptamold.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Sculptamold is always fun!

In other news, I ended up having to import this from the UK

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 October 2019, 04:12:22 PM
Have a look at this, on the BBC today:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/must_see/50186119/ethiopia-s-900-year-old-shonke-village-on-a-mountain

Interesting.  I knew that the Ethiopian Emperors  used the ambas as prisons for people that had a bit too good a claim to the throne.  Since the mesa top could be farmed commerce with the outside world could be minimized. 

Normally, I'd associate stone houses with Tigray.  Also, if that village is really 900 years old then for long part of that, it would be one of the larger towns in Ethiopia.  Like I said, interesting.

lowlylowlycook

You go through the trouble to make a nice, quiet swamp:

An 5 minutes later you've got yourself an Ork infestation:

Techno

sunjester

Those ponds and marshes are looking really effective =D> =D> =D>!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

lowlylowlycook

In other 40k news, I watched a few Premier League games over the weekend and during those turned some sprues into bricks then I made these:

The bricks are quite convincing but I'll have to think about what configuration might be better for accommodating models.

As always, I love how encouraging this place is.  Thanks guys!

Techno

Those are particularly effective !  :-bd

Top marks, that man !!

Cheers - Impressed of Wales

Duke Speedy of Leighton