Terrain, Ethiopian and otherwise

Started by lowlylowlycook, 24 September 2018, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

Well the nice thing about this paper-craft stuff is that I can work inside the house and keep an eye or ear on my mom, which will be necessary for a bit.  Also, I find it quite relaxing to not be worrying about what color to use.

Otherwise, I have the problem where I'm thinking of half-finishing that cork plugs and hills and using for Martian terrain before finishing it.  But that depends on what my hobby priorities are and I'm just too tired to think about it.  I should dry brush them, I admit.

Currently I'm working on the system used to put stuff "into" the walls.  The idea being to leave the floor space open for all the 1" bases

A couple prototypes for a library and a tavern bar:

They are just shelves that sit on the wall.  A refinement will be to cut away 1/2" of the foam support so they can fit in with neighboring tiles.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

lowlylowlycook

Trying to work out how to do stairs that go up.  I think that too many hour playing roguelikes makes me somewhat obsessed by making them look different than down stars.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

angled slope, not stepped (maybe?)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: Matt J on 20 August 2019, 03:25:24 PM
angled slope, not stepped (maybe?)

That might be possible but it's kind of against the flat look of this 2.5D stuff.  I'll probably give it a try at some point.

I have an odd compulsion to do some taverns including a dive tavern.

Terry37

Please don't tell me that you have painted all of those pieces! They look awesome!!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: Terry37 on 21 August 2019, 10:10:18 PM
Please don't tell me that you have painted all of those pieces! They look awesome!!!!

Terry

I haven't painted a thing but I'll pass on the complement to Crooked Staff Terrain and my printer...

Made some urns and worked out a use for the syringes that I've started to accumulate.

sunjester

lowlylowlycook

Trap room for sale. Guaranteed one dead PC per lever pull.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno