Terrain, Ethiopian and otherwise

Started by lowlylowlycook, 24 September 2018, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

This mockup of a cork "amba" with a 28mm and 10mm mini on it is awakening a desire for some 10mm Ethiopians.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Techno

Is the "cow" in the bottom picture really tiny ?...Or is it just the perspective ?
I can't decide whether there's another figure on the far side of the beast.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 12 July 2019, 06:34:24 AM
Is the "cow" in the bottom picture really tiny ?...Or is it just the perspective ?
I can't decide whether there's another figure on the far side of the beast.

Cheers - Phil

I think the cow might be in a ditch while the man is on a bit of higher ground and is closer

It is probably a Boran or similar breed with bumps above the shoulders

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: paulr on 12 July 2019, 10:23:26 AM
I think the cow might be in a ditch while the man is on a bit of higher ground and is closer

It is probably a Boran or similar breed with bumps above the shoulders

That makes sense.
Thanks, Paul.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Maybe it's a genetically modified micro-cow. Fewer "emissions," better for global warming and all that ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

:o :o :o :o

Damn good thinking, that man !!  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

lowlylowlycook

Yeah, a lot of Ethiopian cattle have humps.

lowlylowlycook

Hmmm, of everything I've seen this method of making cliffs seems to combine realism with scalability.   Also, I think the concept might well apply to other materials or tools.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

lowlylowlycook

Well good old Mel is my main inspiration for my projects but if I wanted to make a truly huge mesa, I don't think I'd want to use molds and plaster.

In any case, I'm back from the beach and managed to plug these plugs with spray insulation and then cap them off with sculptamold:

The one at center back is a half plug for the table edge.

lowlylowlycook

They are drying after being gritted and base coated with a combo of SuperDeck and PVA.