For anyone with an ACTION store nearby

Started by petercooman, 22 September 2018, 10:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Went in because the wife needed something, and found this:

What on earth is that, i hear you say!

Well, as usual, action stores are three months early with their christmass decorations  ;D ;D ;D

I always have a look to see what i can salvage for the greater wargaming good, and came across the above item.

It's this little one right here:

a quick glance made me believe the house would fit a 10 mm model, and at 1,99€ the price was quite good. A bonus is that the casing can also be used to display a model.

started cutting and got this:

a comparison to some 10mm celtiberians

Only work it needs is to fill in the sides of the house, because it sports a christmass tree

time to get busy!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I believe they carry the same stuff in every action store in Belgium, maybe in other countries too, in case you are interested in cheap houses!

petercooman

Took a picture for comparison with a pendraken house:

Westmarcher

22 September 2018, 11:42:23 PM #2 Last Edit: 22 September 2018, 11:45:45 PM by Westmarcher
Good find and very tempting, Peter - but stay focused!   :P  If it's very, very cheap - perhaps, 'yes.'  :-\

Otherwise - 'no!' Stick to the 'real thing' by Pendraken (going by the doors, looks more 6mm to me).     :D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

petercooman

I'm always focused on my 20 (or so) projects. This is cheap filler terrain for towns.

Westmarcher

Quote from: petercooman on 22 September 2018, 11:52:35 PM
I'm always focused on my 20 (or so) projects. This is cheap filler terrain for towns.

;D ;D

If it was cheap, I'll let you off then.  ;)  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Excellent find!
To fill the sides, cereal box with pre cut windows? ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 September 2018, 09:39:10 AM
Excellent find!

I'll have a rummage first. I know i have some leftover chimneys from the above pendraken buildings. Maybe i got some windows somewhere?

Cavillarius

Action are great! I get storage, glue and a crazy cheap painters palet there (39 cents).

petercooman

Quote from: Cavillarius on 14 October 2018, 05:10:39 PM
Action are great! I get storage, glue and a crazy cheap painters palet there (39 cents).

Yes, they have great pva style glue that i use for flock, and their acrylic paint tubes are great for scenery projects (not to mention their cement texture paint)

I use their toolboxes to store counters and organise my boardgames too!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 September 2018, 09:39:10 AM
Excellent find!

Don't forget that Irregular do architecturals in 10mm

http://irregularminiatures.co.uk/10mmRanges/10mmArchitecturals.htm

petercooman