Boer War Command figures

Started by alanl, 22 September 2018, 08:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanl

It would be appreciated if someone could advise what are the command figures in the British infantry and cavalry packs and Highlander infantry packs and how many of each there are.

Leman

22 September 2018, 10:29:17 PM #1 Last Edit: 22 September 2018, 10:32:18 PM by Leman
Leon would be best to describe these. Don't forget British proxies in the colonial ranges and Confederates for added Boer figures. There are also civilian style figures in the ACW and FPW ranges.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

slugbalancer

23 September 2018, 10:15:56 AM #2 Last Edit: 23 September 2018, 10:26:53 AM by slugbalancer
I've got a couple of these...
BW19 - Mounted officers

BW22 - Highland foot in kilt

Techno

Very nice, Baldrick.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

alanl

Thanks for the replies.  Hopefully Leon can chip in with a definitive answer.

For the Boer War, I presume that, within Mauser range, battalion oficers will be dismounted, rather than on their horses. I intend to use mounted figures to represent only generals.

Leon

Righty then, I've checked the moulds and they contain:

BW1 (Brit lancers) - No command figures
BW5 (Brit foot 1) - 27 foot and 3 officers (1 pose)
BW6 (Brit foot 2) - 27 foot and 3 officers (1 pose)
BW17 (Mtd inf, pith) - No command figures
BW18 (Mtd yeo, slouch) - No command figures
BW22 - Highlanders - 26 foot, 2 officers and 2 pipers

You'd need BW19 and BW20 for your cavalry command, and we can supply extra foot officers if you need them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Might be an idea to update the web site while it is fresh in your mind ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

alanl