Warfare 2018, Reading UK, 17-18 November 2018

Started by Chris Pringle, 21 September 2018, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Pringle

Make your plans now to attend the Warfare convention in Reading UK on the weekend of 17-18 November. I and a few other members of the "Bloody Big BATTLES!" gang will be there both days, flying the flag for BBB and for Oxford Wargames Society.

https://www.wargamesreading.co.uk/warfare/

Outline plan is to have one big game on Sunday when it tends to be a bit quieter, probably Antietam; but on Saturday when the crowds are bigger and people are in more of a rush, we'll run two small games repeatedly. The candidate small games are probably Langensalza (1866) and Inverkeithing (1651) using an ECW variant of BBB. (No, I hadn't heard of the battle of Inverkeithing either.)

All the games will be participation games in our usual format where folk can play a whole game if they want, or just drop in and out to push a few troops around for 30 minutes if that's all the time they have. If you're going to Warfare and you'd like to join in one of the games, do let us know, or if you won't have time to play, at least say hello – it's always a pleasure to meet y'all at shows.

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

All being well I would love a crack at Langensaltza.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

Quote from: Leman on 22 September 2018, 02:42:59 PM

We should be able to oblige!

Chris

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Should br doable in a weekend...
Google maps says it's 10h 24 from Reading to Langensaltza, but there are major roadworks on the B24...

Oh...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 September 2018, 07:43:36 PM
Should br doable in a weekend...
Google maps says it's 10h 24 from Reading to Langensaltza, but there are major roadworks on the B24...
Oh...

But you do have to be careful on German roads. By some bizarre coincidence I was actually in Hannover last week and literally on my journey there I read about this:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23931964-100-feedback-elf-and-safety-officer-tackles-germanys-troll-roads/

Chris

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Chris Pringle

lentulus

02 October 2018, 12:30:37 AM #8 Last Edit: 02 October 2018, 12:34:57 AM by lentulus
So if I can only make one day, is Saturday or Sunday best?  I will be in London but I am not sure what else I might be up to.

lentulus

And should I trust the websites that say it's only an hour from Paddington by train?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

T13A

Hi

Re. Paddington to Reading by train, it is actually only about 30 minutes baring any railworks, delays etc. The venue is about 20 minutes brisk walk from the station.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Shedman

Leon  - when's the order deadline for Reading?

Leon

Quote from: Shedman on 31 October 2018, 06:15:33 PM
Leon  - when's the order deadline for Reading?

7 days in advance, so midnight on Friday 9th.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Quote from: Leman on 22 September 2018, 02:42:59 PM
All is not well; with various things happening at home I have had to abandon all trips away for at least the next four months.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!