Operation Chunky Bandit

Started by bigjackmac, 18 September 2018, 03:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Good one, Jack !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Sunray

Great advertisement for "fictional" bush wars.  Jack shows how much fun you can have when loosely tied by period equipment,  ideological allies and troop types. 

After 20 years I have come back to AK47 (Peter Pig) scenarios, but in 10mm with a few BKC/CWC refinements.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Sunray on 26 May 2020, 09:16:49 AM
Great advertisement for "fictional" bush wars.  Jack shows how much fun you can have when loosely tied by period equipment,  ideological allies and troop types. 

After 20 years I have come back to AK47 (Peter Pig) scenarios, but in 10mm with a few BKC/CWC refinements.

Old version AK47 or revised version?

Sunray

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 26 May 2020, 05:56:27 PM
Old version AK47 or revised version?

The original AK47 (are they now called the Classic?) was a treasure trove of scenarios, political intrigue, and client state diplomacy.     

They easily transfer to Latin American situations.   But let us not hijack the thread.   This is Jack's  bat rep.

If you were inclined I for one would value a compare and contrast between the classical AK47 and the revised on a Rules section thread. :)

bigjackmac

Thanks everyone!

And no sweat, James, I'm interested in 'classic' AK-47, too ;)

V/R,
Jack

hammurabi70

Quote from: Sunray on 26 May 2020, 10:48:01 PM
The original AK47 (are they now called the Classic?) was a treasure trove of scenarios, political intrigue, and client state diplomacy.     

They easily transfer to Latin American situations.   But let us not hijack the thread.   This is Jack's  bat rep.

If you were inclined I for one would value a compare and contrast between the classical AK47 and the revised on a Rules section thread. :)

I have neither version.

I know Trebian stopped BRIXCON when the revised version came out about 15 years ago as he did not want to use the new version. I would be happy to learn more but have no knowledge to offer.

bigjackmac

All,

1300 on 4 Aug 1990
Mini-Campaign Fight #7
South Leon Army D Company vs FSNL 1st Company

The SLA's D Company was dug-in deep into defensive positions oriented north, prepared to fight off the Commie hordes coming down Route 1, but were suddenly attacked from the west by FSNL3, which was retreating from a beatdown they received at the hands of TF Hammer.  It turned out to not be a big deal; the company quickly re-oriented itself to the west and very easily gave the retreating Communists a bloody nose, sending them packing in a northerly direction.  Security patrols were quickly sent out in all directions, seeking to find out if any other enemy forces were lurking in directions unexpected, and even hoping to tie in with the incoming Cuban forces, but bad news came back: fresh enemy troops were spotted coming in from the north!  It seems a new enemy formation passed through the retreating Communist troops they'd just defeated, and now D Company had to re-orient itself to defend to the north again.

A SLA machine gun (bottom left) lays down fire in support of SLA infantry (top left) rushing forward to kick Communist regulars out of the village (top center/right).

But things heat up in the village as the Communists counter with more infantry and light armor.

But fear not, there is always an answer to armor that has gotten to close to the infantry.

To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
https://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2020/05/operation-chunky-bandit-33-ground.html

Next up we have Major Chavez' Task Force Hammer taking on the FSNL's 3rd Company, for the second time.  Poor FSNL3; they got the piss beat out of them by TF Hammer and were forced to retreat into SLA D Company, where they got the piss beat out of them again, and now TF Hammer is jumping on them again.

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Great scrap ! :-bd

And that was only with a 'skim' through.
I'll have a proper read a bit later. :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Thanks Lemmey, and take your time, Phil ;)

V/R,
Jack

bigjackmac

All,

1330 on 4 Aug 1990
Mini-Campaign Fight #8
TF Hammer vs FSNL 3rd Company

Major Chavez leads his TF Hammer in pursuit of the FSNL 3rd Company, which has previously been defeated by TF Hammer, was forced to retreat, ran into the SLA's D Company, was defeated again and was forced tp retreat.  The overall Task Group commander, Major Halabrio, has decided to attach himself to the assault element, leaving Major Chavez in overall commander but willing and able to assist as necessary, functioning as a second command stand for the Cubans.

This is a simple attack/defend scenario; the Cuban goal is to crush their enemies on the way to the capital, the Communist goal is to hold the ground.

Cubans rolling in heavy for this fight!

But so are the Communists...

The advance gets under way.

To see how the fight turned out, please check the blog at:
https://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2020/06/operation-chunky-bandit-34-ground.html

Next up we have 1st Lt Ordonez' TF Redleg defending against a counterattack by the FSNL's 5th Company.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

What Will said !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Smoking gun

Another very good report, thank you Jack.

Regards,
Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

bigjackmac

Thanks, guys!  Next one coming right up.

V/R,
Jack