Buildings are not pre-painted

Started by Last Hussar, 18 September 2018, 01:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 18 September 2018, 01:48:53 PM
So how should I class these TB horses I'm neatening up for Sir.

Cheers - Confused of Wales (And I AM confused.....and I'm currently confusing Leon.  X_X)

Remodelled, repaired, or probably more accurate wrecked  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Womble67

Quote from: sunjester on 18 September 2018, 10:21:31 AM

My experience of this forum is that many people with English as a first language still get easily confused.  ;D

This would be me

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 18 September 2018, 01:48:53 PM
So how should I class these TB horses I'm neatening up for Sir.
Docked.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dr Dave

Wfiw I think you are all correct. They are pre painted (ie before shipping) so they are also painted when they arrive.

My father had fun with a Greek ship's captain once. With a safety inspection looming the poor chap marked everything that was flammable as "inflammable"

d_Guy

When we bought our current house it was pre-painted. After ten years it is now un-painted but since it was once painted it is in correct Americanish (apparently) to call it un-re-painted. Based on peeled paint I believe the pre-painting at the time we bought it was actually a re-paint of a the original pre-paint. Whatever the current state, I believe it can best be called post-paint. We should have bought the brick house up the street - the one with the vinyl trim (which is showing signs of pre-un-polymerization or maybe it's de-polymerization or maybe it's aluminum and not vinyl).  :-\

Sleep with clean hands ...

Quote from: d_Guy on 18 September 2018, 11:07:57 PM
When we bought our current house it was pre-painted. After ten years it is now un-painted but since it was once painted it is in correct Americanish (apparently) to call it un-re-painted. Based on peeled paint I believe the pre-painting at the time we bought it was actually a re-paint of a the original pre-paint. Whatever the current state, I believe it can best be called post-paint. We should have bought the brick house up the street - the one with the vinyl trim (which is showing signs of pre-un-polymerization or maybe it's de-polymerization or maybe it's aluminum and not vinyl).  :-

A very good example of complex gibberish !

d_Guy

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 September 2018, 08:17:49 AM
A very good example of complex gibberish !
Thanks! I owe it to a brief encounter with post-structural semiotics during my meager academic career.  ;)

FierceKitty

Thanks for reminding me why I threw over a tenured lectureship and fled screaming!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Here lies (or - dang - lays?) the path to sanity.

Techno

I may have to start a new thread....

As a lot of you already know, I listen to LOTS of audio books, while I push putty about for Leon.

There are many occasions where I find that I end up shouting at the little 'hi-fi' on my desk.

There are a few 'constants' where I go "NO....that's not how you pronounce that word.".....But yesterday I found myself ranting at the phrase "De-Planing".

What next ?......"I de-filled the can of soup"....." I de-shut the door."....."I de-painted the figures"

Cheers - Phil (I'm in a daft mood) ;)

Ithoriel

I think what we need here is some blue-sky thinking as to how we leverage our synchronicities so as to ensure that, going forward, we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and in consequence avoid a non-positive outcome for the brainstorming we are all positively participating in.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Presumably the character(s) were exiting an aircraft? That seems to me the preferred term used by flight attendants.
Or - wait - was it de-plan as in "we had trained for this exercise for three months but it all went south in the first three seconds and we had to de-plan and wing it"?  :-  :P

Incidently there are people on this very forum who de-paint using solvents and a tiny wire brush (although I think un-paint is a better usage).

I share your mood.

d_Guy

Synchronicity was over-rated before it was under-rated.

Quote from: Techno on 19 September 2018, 03:04:33 PM

- Phil (I'm in a daft mood) ;)

Situation normal then.....take the PINK pills.