A New 10mm Project - French North Africa

Started by sunjester, 16 September 2018, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Leon

Yep, this is what we've got left:

2 x Large Settlement 2 (10NASSS5U) RRP £72     £45
1 x Large Settlement 3 (10NASSS6U) RRP £68     £45

UK postage on any of these is £3, outside the UK would be at cost.

Larger pics can be found on the TBM website: http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/skirmish/10mm/northafrica.html

Large Settlement 2:

Large Settlement 3:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Shedman on 17 September 2018, 11:28:39 AM
These http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/skirmish/10mm/northafrica.html and these http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/fortressanddefence/10mm/northafrica.html

I've got the village set - very nice models but a tad on the big side

When you say 'on the big side' - do you mean over scale (bigger than to 10mm)- or just "big" in terms of their real size on the table ?

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: sultanbev on 17 September 2018, 08:47:25 AM
With those card building sets from the Wargames Vault, how easy is it to scale them down to 10mm? What thickness of card/paper do you use?

Mark

Hello

I usually use 160gsm (I think it's called) - anyway thin enough to go through my ink-jet printer. The buildings are small enough to be reasonably sturdy once constructed. With the scaling it depends on what sort of printer and graphics program you have but if you're not a total muppet it's achievable. There's various ways of going about it from scaling from the print page, copying and pasting into a graphics program for total OCD control, etc.

Go to a stationary store, grab a few sheets, download a simple paper building (http://www.mediafire.com/view/1kbk0d8hs508xtq/Casa%20Medio%20Oriente.jpg and try it out. Scaling should be about 33% to take it from 28mm to 10mm.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

GrumpyOldMan

Hello sunjester and Shedman

Thanks for the pics.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Shedman

Quote from: Sunray on 17 September 2018, 08:45:32 PM
When you say 'on the big side' - do you mean over scale (bigger than to 10mm)- or just "big" in terms of their real size on the table ?

There are not over scale - they are on  a par with timecast

I suppose more of a footprint thing - if you know what I mean

Sunray

Yeah I know exactly what you mean-and  thanks for the clarity. I converted to 12" x 12 " Drop zone friendly scenic boards, so a 340mm footprint would just about work on my table.

Are the buildings removable from the base ?  They look like the ones that are advertised individually - so potentially individuals could be removed and replaced with battle damage versions ?

I ask because I am interested.

sunjester

Those are very nice buildings and quite tempting. The only thing I find is my current Timecast Libyan  buildings seen too large for 10mm. I know they are accurately to scale, but feel like they take up a lot of room on the tabletop. Strangely I do not get the same impression with my Timecast ACW buildings!

Shedman

Quote from: Sunray on 18 September 2018, 09:53:54 AM
Are the buildings removable from the base ?

Yes

Quote from: sunjester on 18 September 2018, 10:24:46 AM
The only thing I find is my current Timecast Libyan  buildings seen too large for 10mm.

the same with their Southern Europe range - I bought a load for 1859 and then bought a load of their 6mm buildings which worked a lot better

Sunray

Quote from: Shedman on 18 September 2018, 10:29:37 AM
Yes

Thanks again, I will start conveyancing with Leon for a bit of that real estate.  :)

Settlement 3 if still on the market Leon ?

James

Leon

As the guys have said above, all of the buildings are separate to the base and they all share the same footprint, so you can move them about or buy other buildings from the Total Battle ranges are swap them in/out.

Quote from: Sunray on 18 September 2018, 11:03:59 AM
Settlement 3 if still on the market Leon ?

Yep, I'll drop you a PayPal invoice through!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 18 September 2018, 11:24:15 AM
As the guys have said above, all of the buildings are separate to the base and they all share the same footprint, so you can move them about or buy other buildings from the Total Battle ranges are swap them in/out.

Yep, I'll drop you a PayPal invoice through!

If you can hold it till end of the week, I will have some bits & bobs for September order to add.  :)

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 18 September 2018, 11:25:41 AM
If you can hold it till end of the week, I will have some bits & bobs for September order to add.  :)

No worries, will do!

8)

Shedman

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 17 September 2018, 12:54:32 AM
You could probably pad out the Berbers/Tuaregs with Pendraken Afghans or Mahdists if the size is ok.

I've used Pendraken Afghans for Algeria 1840

Also the 1870 Zouaves in Caban work well for Kabyles mountaineers