Colours 2018 Show Report

Started by Steve J, 15 September 2018, 08:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Thanks for the report, some nice piccies!

Shedman

paulr

Thanks for an interesting show report to read over breakfast :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Norm

Enjoyed a chance of seeing the gaming tables and a hexed game too :-)  thanks.

lowlylowlycook

Steve J

Westmarcher

Thanks for the photos. A lot of great looking games there.  :-bd

Slight reservation however (as a non-WW2 player), the photos on Operation Goodwood (captions are "The British try to push pass a town .... but brew up in rapid succession.") - tanks in close order? Just doesn't seem right to me. WW2 gamers - comments?  :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Westmarcher on 15 September 2018, 11:10:46 PM
Thanks for the photos. A lot of great looking games there.  :-bd

Slight reservation however (as a non-WW2 player), the photos on Operation Goodwood (captions are "The British try to push pass a town .... but brew up in rapid succession.") - tanks in close order? Just doesn't seem right to me. WW2 gamers - comments?  :P

Just too many tanks ...
My Ego forbids a signature.

Techno

Great stuff, Steve.....Great piccies, too.

Thanks for sharing from me, too ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

T13A

Hi

Great report and thanks for the photos.

Regarding the Rapid Fire WWII game, there is an issue with any set of WWII rules that does not penalise you for not spacing your units out, there is a reason troops do that in real life.

"Next target right... FIRE"!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Raider4

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 15 September 2018, 11:44:07 PM
Just too many tanks ...

Agreed. I seem to see this a lot, with any games system that includes a armoured/motorised element,

Basically too much stuff crammed into to small a space. It's not rules specific, so I'm not having a go at (e.g.) Flames of War, or Bolt Action or any others.

Although, about the only game I ever seem played that this does not seem to occur in Epic Armageddon. The battlefield always seems very empty in these games (compared to others).

Nice show report though. I didn't go this year, found last year's a bit disappointing.

Cheers, M.
--

FierceKitty

Quote from: Norm on 15 September 2018, 09:34:11 PM
Enjoyed a chance of seeing the gaming tables and a hexed game too :-)  thanks.

Most of my games are hexed. There's no other explanation for my dice.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Great report. Nice pics and a nice summary of the day. Thanks!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Cheers Steve, nice to see some games I didn't actually have time to get to. Hoping a number of them will reappear at Warfare, where I am not putting on a game, so that I can get a closer look.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!