The Battle of Britain model squadron

Started by Steve J, 10 September 2018, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I just caught up on the first episode of a 3 part series in Channel 4. The basic premise is that scale model flyers recreate 3 actions from the Battle of Britain. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I honestly really enjoyed it, as it appealed to the child and modeller in me as well as having some fantastic footage from the scale planes. Well worth watching IMHO.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I saw that, as well....I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

*spoilers alert*
Enough

Maybe?

I loved the firing system, and the JU87 bomb mechanism, involving an elastic band!
The female pilot was incredible.
But the best bit was the augmented reality piloting systems.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Yep, the female pilot was brilliant and the footage from the on board cameras was awesome :)

Norm

I thought it would be just about straight forward flying, but the introduction of all the new tech is amazing.

Also the concept of 'flying to scale' is so obvious when it is stated, but not something I had considered. I am guessing model shops will be seeing an uplift in business on the back of this series.

FierceKitty

Watch out for and post link for us colonials who can't get BBC, please.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

This was on Channel 4, so no idea whether this is accessible outside of the UK.

kev1964

I managed to watch it , really entertaining , the new tech is amazing.  I use  TV catch up  FK , it works fine in Hungary, and it's free. I get the main channels and just run a usb cable from the laptop to the smart tv.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!