WWI, WWII, and Vietnam Progress

Started by bigjackmac, 07 September 2018, 06:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

Thanks again, everyone!  And I'm with ya, every German tank's a Tiger!

Fred - Thanks for the critique!  I agree with what you're saying, but I was trying to walk a fine line.  I didn't want total mud bases for two reasons: 1) I don't have a game mat that would work for, and 2) I've got US Marines here, so I'm working on the late war offensives and counteroffensives, which I'm hoping to be more maneuver oriented, so 'on to the green fields beyond' and all that.  So yeah, I probably have the bases looking a bit silly, trying to have some WWI stereotypical mud, but also with some grass...  On a side note, found myself on the Pendraken website last night, viewing some tanks, 75mm/77mm field guns, and those nifty French 37mm guns.

Phil - Don't sweat it man, I'm just playing around with you, the M-14s thing is kinda overtaken by events.  Plenty of stuff to keep me busy in any case!

Lemmey - Regarding the infantry, no doubt 10mm is better for that ;)  Having said that, the key, for me, to playing 6mm, is to play higher echelon games, where identifying the individual types and weapons isn't important to the rules.

Steve - Yeah man, I'm doing my best! ;)

V/R,
Jack

fred.

Quote from: bigjackmac on 09 September 2018, 02:32:40 PM
Fred - Thanks for the critique!  I agree with what you're saying, but I was trying to walk a fine line.  I didn't want total mud bases for two reasons: 1) I don't have a game mat that would work for, and 2) I've got US Marines here, so I'm working on the late war offensives and counteroffensives, which I'm hoping to be more maneuver oriented, so 'on to the green fields beyond' and all that.  So yeah, I probably have the bases looking a bit silly, trying to have some WWI stereotypical mud, but also with some grass...  On a side note, found myself on the Pendraken website last night, viewing some tanks, 75mm/77mm field guns, and those nifty French 37mm guns.

Your troops definitely need some supporting guns!

I get what you mean about needing the bases to work with existing mats (and for a number of possible scenarios). If you are keeping the grass ratio about the same, then I'd have one wet puddle and one area of mud, then the transition between wet muddy puddles and grass will be a bit more mixed. Just a thought.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

I particularly like the buildings

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!