WWI, WWII, and Vietnam Progress

Started by bigjackmac, 07 September 2018, 06:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Hey, an update: we've got Vietnam-era stuff, World War One-era stuff, and progress on my WWII Caen project.  Last weekend was incredibly productive for me from a wargaming standpoint, just haven't had much time for the blog this week.  So I apologize, but sit back and drink in my latest batch of productivity, and I've got eight battle reports to write up and post (over on my Cuba Libre blog), coming as quick as I can.

North Vietnamese regulars from Pendraken.

Some Pendraken Teufelhunden.

And getting closer to Caen!  To see a bunch more pics (and some forces not pictured here), please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/09/storms-brewin.html

Now I have to get over to Cuba Libre and work on those batreps...
V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

You'll have to twist Leon's arm for the M-14s, Jack.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

bigjackmac

Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it! 

What do you guys think about the WWI basing I did?  It's okay, you're not gonna hurt my feelings  ;)
I'm not going to go back and change these guys, but if it looks bad (and there's no way to modify it to make it look better without re-doing the whole thing) I don't want to put it on any other troops.

Phil - That's your job, you're supposed to be an advocate!!!  :P :D

V/R,
Jack

bigjackmac

All,

Yesterday afternoon was Christmas in September.  I was waiting (not long, mind you) on two sizeable shipments, one from Crescent Root Studio, and one from Heroics and Ros, and wouldn't you know it but both arrived on the same day!  So I figured I'd post a few pics, take a gander.

The whole mess from Crescent Root.

And the whole mess from Heroics and Ros.  To see more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-crescent-root-buildings-and-hr-bare.html

More to come.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Quote from: mad lemmey on 08 September 2018, 04:39:18 PM
That's a lot of tiggers!

Eh, only 3 as far as I can see?

But, yes, with 6mm you can end up with a whole lot of vehicles before you know it. Shame I just can't get used to the infantry at that scale.

Cheers, M.
--

fred.

WWI bases: I like the puddles, but km not sure they fit with that much grass. I think if you have that many puddle stuff you should have about half as much grass, and have the rest as bare earth / mud.
For my WWI I went with all mud with puddles /shell craters, but do keep getting comments that it wasn't always mud. But too me i have seem too many photos of Ypres and Paschendale which are just seas of mud to associate much else with WWI
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Raider4 on 08 September 2018, 04:58:28 PM
Eh, only 3 as far as I can see?
To every British soldier in Normandy, EVERY tank is a tigger!

Techno

Quote from: bigjackmac on 08 September 2018, 03:41:16 PM

Phil - That's your job, you're supposed to be an advocate!!!  :P :D

Hmmmm....Trouble is...I think Leon's already lined up some more 'projects' to keep me busy, already......And I don't want to tread on another designer's toes....I'll see what I can do. (But no promises  ;))

Re the H&R haul......That's a lot of stuff to be getting on with !!!

Cheers - Phil

Steve J