“Battle in a box” - Would there be any interest?

Started by hakejumble, 03 September 2018, 10:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakejumble

Thanks all for your constructive feedback.

I'm solely looking at prvoiding the figures for two opposing forces, for different scenarios such as Bulge, Cobra, Caen saga, St. Lo, Carentan etc. I wouldn't be looking at providing the rules, dice acenery for example.

The idea has come about from having reasonable success selling A4 boxes worth of my 10mm Russians, Germans, Brits etc on eBay and making a tidy penny. Commission work and eBay auctions are something I'm interested in doing more of, there always seem to be plenty of interest and profit on eBay (50+ watchers, profit and reserve price always met)

Maybe I should stick to eBay auctions for now and do some more market research.

Thanks all

Jake
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Sunray

No worries Jake

I admire your work. There is probably  a number of markets out there.

Suggestion - Could you have a prototype box - say the Bulge or Carentan ready for Battleground?  OR - a Korean classic like The Battle of Osan (Task Force Smith) Or the Centurion debut at the Battle of the  Imjin river?  (thinking out of the box ?)

You put a reserve price on it - plus the opportunity to back order more or commission others. 

It would be a superb showcase for the new range.  Run it past Leon ?

fred.

Jake, as you are already selling boxes of figures, it sounds it would be fairly easy to make a mixed box of figures. Then you could see if there is interest.

You could always list other options - to see if there is any interest?

eBay has the advantage of lots of reach to potential customers, but has the downside of fees etc. Although I have to say that I haven't seen your stuff on eBay, but I suppose I don't currently have many searches for 10mm WWII stuff.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts