Polish dismounted cavalry

Started by alie55, 02 September 2018, 11:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alie55

Polish cavalry charging German tanks a myth!

Polish cavalry were a rapid mobile reaction force armed with anti-tank rifles and guns that put up some of the stiffest resistance the Germans met in 1939.

Please can we have some proper dismounted cavalry dressed in riding boots wearing adrian helmets.
there should be the full range of weapons as they were really elite mounted infantry, MG's, mortars, A/T rifles, 37mm A/T guns, LMG's and rifles.

Here's a link to a page explaining the myth and the outstanding role they played in 1939:-
https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/history-of-war/john-riley-st-patricks-battalion-part-2-the-long-fight-for-freedom/

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dannyboy

Bump, plus mounted and dismounted command please  8) 8)

Orcs

You can get away with using the ww2 French by painting the puttees as boots. No ideal I know but not to bad in 10mm
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The charging tanks thing comes from a charge launched on an infantry Btn, which was intercepted by an armoured car unit in the vicinity.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dannyboy

Propaganda myth passed around by an Italian journalist later after the event evidently. Just starting to read up on the campaign and yes the idea of "fools" using antiquated equipment and tactics was lies promoted by the Germans to suit their warped ideology. The Poles had good kit, just not enough of it and certainly knew how to use it, giving a good account of themselves. Cavalry were used as mounted infantry and the aircraft were not caught on the ground on day one. They managed to put up a serious challenge to the Luftwaffe.

Dannyboy

But thanks for the heads up on the cavalry, will use that tip for my cavalry.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!