French Foriegn Legion

Started by Orcs, 02 September 2018, 01:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

This range needs the following

A suitable Artillery Piece with French Crew.  I expect you already make a suitable artillery piece in one of the other ranges. or perhaps just crew
Some mounted figures

Tauregs
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

02 September 2018, 07:38:54 AM #1 Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 07:43:19 AM by Leman
Didn't somebody post yesterday about a range of 10mm Tuaregs - available through Lancashire Games I believe. Just seen it again - Switching from 15mm to 10mm in the General Pendraken thingy (never remember if it is thread or post or section or whatever).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

I think the whole Foreign Legion range could do with some work somewhere down the line, revamps and additions.  It's not really a priority though as it doesn't seem to be a popular period generally.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sunjester

One reason for the lack of popularity may be the absence of opponents. Personally, I've been thinking about the FFL off and on for about 10 years: like the look of Pendraken's 10mm range, lack of opponents makes me decide to go for a larger scale, talk myself out of yet another 28mm period, like the look of Pendraken's 10mm range and repeat process periodically.
If there had been suitable 10mm opponents from Pendraken I would have bought them long ago. :D

fsn

I've pitted them against British in pith helmets.

Also, the SCW range has some possibilities.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Aren't there now some nice, new WWI Arabs.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

Quote from: Leman on 04 September 2018, 06:57:54 AM
Aren't there now some nice, new WWI Arabs.
There's a pack of mounted Arabs, but the Sharifian figures are all uniformed, which isn't right for Algeria/Morocco.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!