WNA suggestion

Started by FierceKitty, 04 February 2020, 01:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I suspect fans of the War between the States might like a pack of village props. A cast-iron pump was my first idea, but a collection including other odd and ends too might be popular. Bales of hay; small cart; hitching posts; town drunk; rack of farm tools; gallows....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Glorfindel

WNA ?      War in North America ?

(I know we use loads of abbreviations but I haven't heard this one before)

Phil

Ithoriel

WNA - War of Northern Aggression it's what a group who can't accept, 150 years on, that the South lost calls the ACW

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Also used by someone who has fond memories of a Dixie girlfriend.

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 04 February 2020, 04:04:09 PM
WNA - War of Northern Aggression it's what a group who can't accept, 150 years on, that the South lost calls the ACW

No they accept that they lost , it was just the aggressive North Staring it
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 04 February 2020, 04:28:32 PM
Also used by someone who has fond memories of a Dixie girlfriend.

With that in mind should we not also include a lady with ample cleavage on show and a derringer in her garter - (visible in the long split in her skirts to her thigh)

sighs at thought of all such "ladies " seen in the westerns of my youth
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

This one wore a leather jacket out of doors, and looked like Anakin Skywalker when clad (she resembled him in personality too, actually). But she had that "kaindness uv strangerrz" accent, which I can't resist.