Upcoming Movies

Started by Leon, 30 August 2018, 11:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

1917 was a big disappointment for me as well, the story line/plot was absurd (IMHO).

Just my tuppence worth of course!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

mmcv

I enjoyed 1917, plot concerns aside, it was well shot and captured some of the feel of the period and made for an entertaining watch. Pretty much everything Ithoriel said really. I watched it on my tablet (on Amazon Prime I think) a little while back so can't speak to big-screen experience, but was enjoyable enough there. And I mean a small screen held close to your face is kind of like a big screen far away....  :-\

fred.

Quote from: mmcv on 04 August 2021, 08:49:08 AM
I enjoyed 1917, plot concerns aside, it was well shot and captured some of the feel of the period and made for an entertaining watch. Pretty much everything Ithoriel said really. I watched it on my tablet (on Amazon Prime I think) a little while back so can't speak to big-screen experience, but was enjoyable enough there. And I mean a small screen held close to your face is kind of like a big screen far away....  :-

I too enjoyed 1917, I'm not sure what I was expecting given the overall plot point, but the cinematography and overall film experience is fantastic. I watched it streamed on the TV a few months ago (may even of been a year ago...)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Big Insect

23 September 2021, 11:30:14 AM #93 Last Edit: 23 September 2021, 11:38:40 AM by Big Insect
New Dune movie getting closer to cinema release - October 22nd
+ a new (extended) trailer - most exciting:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcQx41TM6MY

AND

A new Matrix film for Xmas (is it me or is Tiffany as gorgeous as ever!!!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Big Insect on 23 September 2021, 11:30:14 AM
New Dune movie getting closer to cinema release - October 22nd
+ a new (extended) trailer - most exciting:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcQx41TM6MY

AND

A new Matrix film for Xmas (is it me or is Tiffany as gorgeous as ever!!!)

She has the bad habit of doing clothed scenes, just for shock value.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 23 September 2021, 11:36:29 AM
She has the bad habit of doing clothed scenes, just for shock value.

Bad bad Kitty - out out out !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

New Dune Movie is FAB!

Makes me want to dust down those FWC toys and get zapping the lazer agian (ooo-errr missus)!

Heedless Horseman

'Indestructible' looks fantastic... hope the music was just for the trailer? Wonder if an English dubbed version? If it had been a Hollywood movie...
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Heedless Horseman

If 'Indestructible' is 'Invincible'... have ordered 2h DVD with subtitles in English. Looks same, so will have to see!

Heedless Horseman

Yes, same movie. Not bad... a bit 'contrived' in story... but what War film is not?
Usual gripes over equipment. Set in 1942. Static T34/76s around scenes, but moving vehicles T34/85s. Pretty good mock-up PzIVs... but with Schurzen, Lead tank a KV1... either real or a VERY good mock-up... looked genuine, anyway. Pity it was in a 'mixed' unit with T34s... maybe That is why they couldn't get spare parts! lol  ;)
'Tactics'... hm. Tanks and trucks able to 'wander around' on their own...BUT, Russia a very big place. Combat scenes... some nice shots but pyrotechnics a bit limited and repetitive.
Overall, I liked it...seen much worse!  :)

d_Guy

I find Olga Pogodina insanely attractive.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

mmcv

Anyone seen/heard of Ridley Scott's The Last Duel?

I hadn't heard anything about it until an article today about how he was blaming Millenials with their "cell phones" and "Facebook" and how "the millennian do not ever want to be taught anything unless you're told it on a cellphone" for it flopping at the cinema and only making back a quarter of its budget. 

Putting aside the completely ignorant nonsense of his statement and his clear confusion over who comprises what generation, what they like, and whether they go to the cinema or use Facebook, and just how much can be learned through a mobile device.... I'm wondering if anyone had actually seen the film?

Or heard about it even? As I suspect one of the reasons for its flop was more to do with its lack of promotion.

Despite its bizarre half helmets (because you just have to see the actors face at all times) and typical "everything in history is grimy and has a muted colour palette" look, it could be an entertaining enough film and I'll probably watch it when it pops up on a streaming platform.

hammurabi70

QuoteAnyone seen/heard of Ridley Scott's The Last Duel?

I hadn't heard anything about it until an article today about how he was blaming Millenials with their "cell phones" and "Facebook" and how "the millennian do not ever want to be taught anything unless you're told it on a cellphone" for it flopping at the cinema and only making back a quarter of its budget.

Putting aside the completely ignorant nonsense of his statement and his clear confusion over who comprises what generation, what they like, and whether they go to the cinema or use Facebook, and just how much can be learned through a mobile device.... I'm wondering if anyone had actually seen the film?

Or heard about it even? As I suspect one of the reasons for its flop was more to do with its lack of promotion.

Despite its bizarre half helmets (because you just have to see the actors face at all times) and typical "everything in history is grimy and has a muted colour palette" look, it could be an entertaining enough film and I'll probably watch it when it pops up on a streaming platform.

Yes. Saw the reviews. Films seldom interest me.  I didn't see anyhing of particular interest. Looks at the incident through the three perspectives of the husband, wife and alleged perpetrator.

Ithoriel

The Last Duel is rated 85% by critics and 81% by audiences on Rotten Tomatoes (www.rottentomatoes.com) which suggests that most who have actually seen it have enjoyed it.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data