Suspect Links

Started by SV52, 30 August 2018, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV52

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

Some very suspect links in the trains diorama posts. When accessed they give dire warnings of blocked computers due to disrupting networks and sensitive information being stolen. No way I'm clicking on anything in there again, I'll settle for looking at the posted pics.

Just saying.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leon

Which links were they and I'll have a look?  The images themselves are linked to a photo hosting site which seems to be OK on this computer.  The brigadatripeira blog should be OK as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

SV52

Leon, I couldn't get out fast enough and no way I'm going back to look for it.  I could only shut it down by using Task Manager in Win 10 to close the browser.

It's not that unusual. Talking to my tech gurus, the thing itself does nothing; it's if the receiver is gullible enough to make the phone call they demand, that's when things can get ugly.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: SV52 on 30 August 2018, 04:22:57 PM
Leon, I couldn't get out fast enough and no way I'm going back to look for it.

I certainly don't want you clicking it again!  But I need to know where this link is so that I can go and check it?  Was it the thread itself when you clicked in to look at the latest post, was it a picture that you clicked to get a bigger image, that kind of thing?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Suspect links? It will never get the Open!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

SV52

Leon, forget it; if someone else encounters it hopefully they can provide more exact info'.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Wulf

Quote from: SV52 on 30 August 2018, 08:34:52 PM
Leon, forget it; if someone else encounters it hopefully they can provide more exact info'.
Was a spoken, sound warning? If so, I had that too, and I have never been in the train diorama thread for months...

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 30 August 2018, 06:40:46 PM
Suspect links? It will never get the Open!

I only just noticed that, Andy........Go and get your coat. ;)

Cheers - Phil

SV52

Quote from: Wulf on 30 August 2018, 09:24:32 PM
Was a spoken, sound warning? If so, I had that too, and I have never been in the train diorama thread for months...

That just means you visited another infected site. I encountered the exact same thing some time ago elsewhere.

Serves me right, no good deed goes unpunished.

I will make no further comment on this  :-X

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Funny how the Americanism 'the exact same' is rapidly replacing 'the same' (why use two words when three will do) and 'exactly the same' (there is no ly in the American language). Madre de Dios, i hope no more foreign idioms creep into the English language, putain!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Pah, they are so passé!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Vis-a-vis ourselves of course.