New Dacians and Sarmations!

Started by Leon, 29 August 2018, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo

Those are gorgeous and will be a must-buy for me.

I love the cavalry poses and am very appreciative of the thoughtful poses for the spearmen.

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Any news on a release date for these, planning ahead for March...  :!! 8->
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 October 2018, 12:21:53 PM
Any news on a release date for these, planning ahead for March...  :!! 8->

No timescales at the moment I'm afraid, probably end of the year or early 2019 I'd think.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Nothing yet, too many jobs on the go at the moment.  BKC-IV and the Kickstarter are first priority, then the Not-Kickstarter, then either Indian Mutiny or Ancients.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2018, 09:45:47 PM
We've had Techno quietly working on these figures over the summer, firstly as a replacement for our Dacian range and secondly as an expansion with some Sarmatians as well!  This lot won't be getting moulded in the near future but we're hoping to have them ready before the end of the year.

We've got a few odds and end for Phil to work through next, a lot of it helping to get the TB Line ranges up and running, but once that's done we'll be continuing with some Ancients revamps as we move on to the Greeks and Persians.

We'd like to thank mad lemmey for all of his help putting this range together!

Foot command x 3 / Spear/javelin x 3:
AncDacSar1

Any revised ETA on those delectable falxmen?

Falxmen x 2 / Archers x 2 / Nobles x 2 / Bolt-thrower crew x 2:
AncDacSar2

Light cavalry x 4 / Decebalus:
AncDacSar3

Slingers x 2 / Javelinmen x 2:
AncDacSar4

Horse archers x 4:
AncDacSar5

Cataphracts, half-armoured x 4:
AncDacSar6

Cataphracts, armoured x 4:
AncDacSar7

Cataphracts, unarmoured x 2:
AncDacSar8

And all of them together!

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

They're scheduled in after the Indian Mutiny release, which I'm working on at the moment.  We're going to release the Dacians/Sarmatians/Greeks/Persians in one go I think, to maximise impact!  Techno should have the Persians all complete in the next month I think, he's just putting the finishing touches to them now.

mollinary

26 June 2019, 06:00:27 PM #38 Last Edit: 26 June 2019, 06:02:09 PM by mollinary
Does the caption on one of those sculpts really say "Cataphracts, unarmoured"?  Isn't that rather like saying "Clothed people, naked"?
  :- :o
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lancers, unarmoured, basically

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 26 June 2019, 04:49:37 PM
Techno should have the Persians all complete in the next month I think, he's just putting the finishing touches to them now.
Yes, I've heard.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 26 June 2019, 04:49:37 PM
They're scheduled in after the Indian Mutiny release, which I'm working on at the moment.  We're going to release the Dacians/Sarmatians/Greeks/Persians in one go I think, to maximise impact!  Techno should have the Persians all complete in the next month I think, he's just putting the finishing touches to them now.

Just got the chariot to complete, and then they can all go up to Pendraken Towers....I'd better remember to do a crib sheet, too.

Should have that finished in the next couple of days. (Fingers crossed)

Though, of course 'finishing it' means that I've got to check that it fits together properly.....That's when the bad language usually starts. X_X

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

And Japanese goodies? I might consider a multiple order for my birthday present in September (alas, Buddhists don't give atheists Christmas presents).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 June 2019, 08:40:59 AM
alas, Buddhists don't give atheists Christmas presents

Tried calling it Beltaine or may be Saternalia
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 June 2019, 08:57:14 AM
Tried calling it Beltaine or may be Saternalia

I bought an album by them (tho' it was spelled correctly).

The LP (one of the first picture discs) was simply, frigging AWFUL.....(I as a sucker for adverts in Melody Maker, New Musical Express &  Sounds.....In those days.).....And I'd heard one track...Which wasn't THAT bad....On the radio.

Cheers - Phil