New Dacians and Sarmations!

Started by Leon, 29 August 2018, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

29 August 2018, 09:45:47 PM Last Edit: 29 August 2018, 10:14:56 PM by Leon
We've had Techno quietly working on these figures over the summer, firstly as a replacement for our Dacian range and secondly as an expansion with some Sarmatians as well!  This lot won't be getting moulded in the near future but we're hoping to have them ready before the end of the year.

We've got a few odds and end for Phil to work through next, a lot of it helping to get the TB Line ranges up and running, but once that's done we'll be continuing with some Ancients revamps as we move on to the Greeks and Persians.

We'd like to thank mad lemmey for all of his help putting this range together!

Foot command x 3 / Spear/javelin x 3:
AncDacSar1

Falxmen x 2 / Archers x 2 / Nobles x 2 / Bolt-thrower crew x 2:
AncDacSar2

Light cavalry x 4 / Decebalus:
AncDacSar3

Slingers x 2 / Javelinmen x 2:
AncDacSar4

Horse archers x 4:
AncDacSar5

Cataphracts, half-armoured x 4:
AncDacSar6

Cataphracts, armoured x 4:
AncDacSar7

Cataphracts, unarmoured x 2:
AncDacSar8

And all of them together!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2018, 09:45:47 PM
We've got a few odds and end for Phil to work through next, a lot of it helping to get the TB Line ranges up and running, but once that's done we'll be continuing with some Ancients revamps as we move on to the Greeks and Persians.

Nice!

Will this include Macedonian and successors?

Matt J

Oh my these are friggin amazing!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fred.

What are you doing to me.  :o :o

First tanks.

Then FPW - which I can't even post about, before more new stuff appears right in front of me.

I have too many unpainted armies already.

I suppose another one won't hurt...

Can see these being very useful as fantasy figures too.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 29 August 2018, 09:52:50 PM
Will this include Macedonian and successors?

We're hoping so.  Lemmey is helping us work up a longer-term plan for our Ancients ranges, ticking off the remaining revamps to the Greeks, Persians and Indians, whilst fitting in some new additions along the way.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2018, 10:19:35 PM
We're hoping so.  Lemmey is helping us work up a longer-term plan for our Ancients ranges, ticking off the remaining revamps to the Greeks, Persians and Indians, whilst fitting in some new additions along the way.

Great!

Maybe they will be ready by the time i finish my punic armies! That should give you guys enough time  ;D

As a matter of fact, i was torn between the Greeks , the punic wars and hastings, with the punic wars winning out in the end because of the newer range. Happy i waited to go with the Greeks!

FierceKitty

MMmmmm, nifty (the word is not too strong).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

lowlylowlycook

Techno

Thank you, Gents.....and thanks to Will for all his help, and Nobby for sourcing me lots of piccies ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fsn

O:-)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I blloomin' love these. Well done Techno!

The dragon standards are suitably intimidating, but my favourite is the horse archer with the bow above his head - either in command or exultation.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Hopefully some Sassanian Cataphacts as well !!!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Congrats Phil, that is an excellent looking range. :-bd
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Thanks once again, Chaps......

Though you can't tell it from the pics.....I did one of the archers as a female.....Inspired by one of the pics that Nobby e'maled me.

Cheers - Phil