Back from Crete, cool hotel!

Started by petercooman, 29 August 2018, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Got back from Greece this evening! Had a great hotel with some cool stuff at the entry!

Leon

That's pretty cool, how come they had those outside a hotel?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Was it as good a hotel as its lobby is a museum? If so, can you share it's location?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2018, 09:17:32 PM
That's pretty cool, how come they had those outside a hotel?

Don't know, been there before and they didn't have it back then! The display with the helmets was for operation mercury. They actually had a lot of cool stuff in the lobby! A few display cabinets with cigarette packs from all over the world, and some old motorcycles here and there. Only problem was the lighting on the (very shiny) dispay cabinets, making them hard to photograph!

Quote from: mollinary on 29 August 2018, 09:29:18 PM
Was it as good a hotel as its lobby is a museum? If so, can you share it's location?

Imperial & royal belvedere in Hersonissos. Nice hotel (lots of stairs though  ;D )

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Doesn't Peter look young ?  :D

Thanks for sharing the phoho's !

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2018, 07:06:18 AM
Doesn't Peter look young ?  :D

Thanks for sharing the phoho's !

Cheers - Phil

;D ;D ;D

Techno

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2018, 03:40:15 PM
Sorry !!  :-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

No problem, we laugh with your injuries all the time so i'll give you a free pass  :D :D :D

Unpacked my loot today:

some books

some cool magnets

Helmets and a little statuette

he looked cool so i just took him home

And some toy dragons i found in a giftshop. Some touch up on the paintjob and they will work fine for fantasy games!

Techno

Some really fun stuff there, Peter ! :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 August 2018, 05:31:20 PM
Love those dragons!

Couldn't leave them there, only 2,99€ per dragon, pre painted, and a decent size! There were 6 in the series, but they only had 3 left.

next to a reaper bones model:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

petercooman