1870 French photos!

Started by Leon, 29 August 2018, 05:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

kev1964 has continued working through our late 19th C. European ranges and this time it's the French who get his expert treatment!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Kev, those are wonderful! Infinity better than I could ever do, those are amazing!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Simply wonderful work and a few very, very tempting codes to add to my Imagi-Nations forces. With Colours fast approaching, time to start making a list...

fred.

These are great.

And its great to see all the figures and poses - there are a few that I think could be interesting for the TMWWBKs forces.

These guys are like little pixies with those hoods!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

Ooh those Zouaves in caban are almost spot on for 1840s Algerian troops

Do they have backpacks?

Leon

Quote from: Shedman on 29 August 2018, 10:46:44 PM
Do they have backpacks?

They might do?!  The caban is over the top of everything but there is a slight bulge underneath it, so there could be a backpack hiding under there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Super painting, Kev !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Lovely figures with a superb paint job!

Leman

Superb paint job and an excellent advert. Always wondered what the Guard Nationale figures looked like.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

kev1964

Thank's  for the comments chap's , I really enjoyed painting this range of figs.

It's been ages since I've been able to post or view any pic's on here or other sites as my laptop seems to be very selective in what I can do. I'm catching up slowly using my phone but with fat fingers and a small screen it's taking me ages  ;D.
There has been some stunning painting recently , so a belated congrats to all who took part in the painting competition.

best

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

What can I say awesome work

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Would have thought that photos taken in 1870 would be black and white ?  :- :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

Get that man's coat!  ;D

Turning to the photos .... great paintwork, indeed.  :-bd  It often amazes me nowadays when looking at other manufacturers' websites how many of them still cling to the hope that you will buy their figures without seeing them. Congrats once again, Leon, for being on the ball and continued progress in your quest to show us all of your wonderful products.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Quote from: Westmarcher on 07 September 2018, 09:53:33 AM

It often amazes me nowadays when looking at other manufacturers' websites how many of them still cling to the hope that you will buy their figures without seeing them. Congrats once again,

To me, that's another reason why the forum is so damn useful/helpful.

If there's not a pic of a particular figure in 'the shop'.....folk (or Sir) will jump in, so that someone who would like to know what said figure looks like, gets to see it.

Cheers - Phil