Pendraken Zoo gets an expansion!

Started by Leon, 24 August 2018, 10:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 August 2018, 08:53:03 AM
Just like fingerprints...
Hmm...
Now there's an idea, just fingerprint the zebra!

It's what barcode readers were designed for.

fsn

A small insight into what passes for my mind.

Oooh! Lions and  rhinos and hippos and giraffes ... they'd be fun to paint.

Hmmm. But what to do with them? The obvious answer is something colonial, but that's never really floated my boat. Pre colonial tribal conflict? Boers? Blood River? Meh!

What about WWI? "The African Queen" and "Shout at the Devil" and "Biggles flies are undone"? Hmm. Askaris. Could be fun.

What's Pendraken got in the way of ... Oh By Milday's Perfect Eyebrow* ... Askaris and porters and ... 

Wonder if MkIVs ever got to East Africa ... Well they might have done ... and I'm sure the Germans had a few armoured cars swanning about ...

How big would a Light Cruiser be in the one true scale? ... 100m that's about 2" .... make it and armed merchantman ... bringing in the armoured cars ... FSN you are on fire ... better put that out before you continue ...

But what about terrain ... lions live on the plains ... some teddy bear fabric ... add that to the shopping list ...

So, roughly we'll need some German sailors/marines , Askaris, artillery, so we'll need limbers, couple of armoured cars, ... what can we do for MGs? ... then there's some British infantry from a decent county regiment, KAR, artillery and maybe a MkIV to keep it interesting ... what was that book about taking two boats overland to an African lake? "Mimi and TouTou" ... well if they can do it for a boat, they can bloody well do it for a tank ... and don't forget the porters and those tribesmen ...

In total, aside from the teddy bear and the merchant ship, probably in the region of £150.

I am going to die poor.

But at least I'll be surrounded by so much metal, I can give up the tin foil hat ...

*We all know which one that is**
** The other two aren't that great
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I've still got three 'rejects' sitting on corks......Which were supposed to be some of the various animals at different scales.

I reckon I could make a damn good '10mm scale' dodo out of one of them. (But I'm not going to.)  :D

Cheers - Phil

Wulf

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2018, 03:36:13 PM
I reckon I could make a damn good '10mm scale' dodo out of one of them. (But I'm not going to.)  :D
I'd buy them!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2018, 03:36:13 PM

Not into self portraits then Phil ?  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Almost a whole range in the fantasy section are self portraits. :D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Is the rumour true that Pendraken are moving production to Chester?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Oooh! That's very close to Runcorn!

I could go and see Leon every day!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 31 August 2018, 09:28:04 PM
Is the rumour true that Pendraken are moving production to Chester?

I've done a couple of training courses in Chester, nice place!  We've been to the zoo a few times as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

fsn

So now I'm painting Lions and badgers and hippos.

I did wonder if the zebra could be use as asses. I had in mind the Sumerian ass-drawn chariot.

So.

I Googled "ass".

Yes. I know what I did wrong.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ithoriel

FSN, for painting tips if using zebra's to haul Sumerian Donkey Carts, "onager" might be a safer search :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data