Lookin Back ......

Started by Stormcrow, 25 November 2010, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormcrow

:-X When I look back over the Years, and the Journey iv'e been on so far, I think someof my Fondest Memory's have been in and around Wargaming. I can remember being at School, and when we wasn't Jammin with the Band, or Creatin Havoc, we usually had a Game goin, of whatever we got into at the time. Usually it was somethin to do with Haulin ass through Dungeons, or takin on Dragons and masses of Undead creatures ( good times)

Today there is so much more to choose from out there, i really wish we'd have had the range thats available now, man what a Blast. If i'd have had a "Pendraken" dungeon set, i think i would have been unreachable for a good part of my Childhood Lol , just thinkin up brand New Scenerios and stuff. It amazes me how far everythings come over the years. I can remember startin out playin "Hero-Quest" and the Old "Warhammer" very Imersive if you let your mind go. And now some of those Adventures could easily be translated to the Miniatures range here. I use quite alot of my Roleplaying Memories in the Music i create for "Ravenz~Heart", plus the Art work and stories that accompany those times. Most of everything can be used as Inspiration these days. I have played many Genre of Wargaming over the years, but my fav will always be Fantasy, theres just somethin about it, that keeps me comin back. It was mainly all we had growin up, and in this age of Visuals and Games Consoles, id like to think that it hasnt Diminished, but maybe gettin stronger, with Gamers pushing New Boundaries, and making there Games even more Enjoyable and Exciting,with so many more options.

I guess you could say, whatever happens and however advanced in tech we get, I will always be a strong Supporter of the Roleplaying/Wargaming world. Its what i started with andwhat i will End with. A Realm without Boundaries and Computer Code , thats only ever Limited by your own Imagination.

" True Freedom, Lies within the Heart

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!