Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
15 December 2018, 11:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our 10mm Zoo has been expanded!
266004 Posts in 15954 Topics by 2166 Members
Latest Member: Simon1965
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Cold War Commander
| | |-+  Suggestions for 10mm Flight Stands?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for 10mm Flight Stands?  (Read 1101 times)
MiniPatton
Cadet

« on: 24 August 2018, 10:06:01 PM »

I have a number of 1/144 scale helicopters I would like to find stands for. I have some Litko stands I use for my 3mm forces, but they don't really do the trick. The helicopters range in size from AH-1 Cobra to SH-53 Sea Stallion and a number in between. Anyone know of a good source or successful home project that may work?
ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2018, 08:46:39 AM »

If you dont need them on the ground then use a metal pin in the aircraft, and a plastic tube on suitable sized base (I had to use a CD for my 1/300th B52), for stuff you want landed use a stell rod and mini magnets, but not too small....

Some will come with display stands, so you could replace the top with a magnet, and mount one on the model, but beware - polarity, and ensure that the glue is well dried, I'd use epoxy rather than super glue, the rare earth magnets are very strong.

IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
mad lemmey
Count

« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2018, 08:51:56 AM »

Agreed, superglue is too brittle for magnets, it's the only time I don't use it!

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Dr Dave
Captain

« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2018, 09:55:29 PM »

I use circular mdf bases. Drill a small hole in the centre, insert a cocktail stick and pva in place. Texture the base and flock. Paint the vertical cocktail stick GREEN like the grass/table top. Drill a small hole in the bottom on the plane / helo. You spend most of the time looking DOWN on the model so a light blue or shiny Perspex vertical support looks daft if you ask me. You can cut the stick to whatever height you want. I’ve got a few cm for really low / landing helos up to 30 cm bbq skewers for F4 Phantoms in 10 mm.

“In war possession of ground is nine tenths of the law,
And the infantry are the bailiff’s men”
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2018, 10:00:23 PM »

We've got some clear rods and MDF bases that we can supply if anyone needs them, they're the ones under the Dragons here:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Sunray
Brigadier

« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

We've got some clear rods and MDF bases that we can supply if anyone needs them, they're the ones under the Dragons here:

I like those !  Up until now I have been using the Drop zone Commander clear rods and clear stands.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: