Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
19 October 2018, 10:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Minibits has released a load of Animals in various scales!
262702 Posts in 15777 Topics by 2158 Members
Latest Member: Mago
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Cold War Commander
| | |-+  Suggestions for 10mm Flight Stands?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for 10mm Flight Stands?  (Read 653 times)
MiniPatton
Cadet

« on: 24 August 2018, 10:06:01 PM »

I have a number of 1/144 scale helicopters I would like to find stands for. I have some Litko stands I use for my 3mm forces, but they don't really do the trick. The helicopters range in size from AH-1 Cobra to SH-53 Sea Stallion and a number in between. Anyone know of a good source or successful home project that may work?
ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2018, 08:46:39 AM »

If you dont need them on the ground then use a metal pin in the aircraft, and a plastic tube on suitable sized base (I had to use a CD for my 1/300th B52), for stuff you want landed use a stell rod and mini magnets, but not too small....

Some will come with display stands, so you could replace the top with a magnet, and mount one on the model, but beware - polarity, and ensure that the glue is well dried, I'd use epoxy rather than super glue, the rare earth magnets are very strong.

IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
mad lemmey
Count

« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2018, 08:51:56 AM »

Agreed, superglue is too brittle for magnets, it's the only time I don't use it!

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Dr Dave
Captain

« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2018, 09:55:29 PM »

I use circular mdf bases. Drill a small hole in the centre, insert a cocktail stick and pva in place. Texture the base and flock. Paint the vertical cocktail stick GREEN like the grass/table top. Drill a small hole in the bottom on the plane / helo. You spend most of the time looking DOWN on the model so a light blue or shiny Perspex vertical support looks daft if you ask me. You can cut the stick to whatever height you want. Iíve got a few cm for really low / landing helos up to 30 cm bbq skewers for F4 Phantoms in 10 mm.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2018, 10:00:23 PM »

We've got some clear rods and MDF bases that we can supply if anyone needs them, they're the ones under the Dragons here:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Sunray
Brigadier

« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

We've got some clear rods and MDF bases that we can supply if anyone needs them, they're the ones under the Dragons here:

I like those !  Up until now I have been using the Drop zone Commander clear rods and clear stands.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: