Tell Techno.

Started by Techno, 22 August 2018, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Orcs on 05 June 2020, 11:26:20 AM
We had situations like that a while back - Regularly doing 70-80 hours a month overtime.  Now you are lucky to get a single shift.

This does of course increase painting and gaming time.  :-bd :-bd :-bd
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Heedless Horseman

Thanks, Guys!  :)
Yes, I am now getting Carers Allowance as Ma is now in receipt of Attendance Allowance (at Higher Rate)...thanks to a nice lass Social Worker.
Also, Incontinence Pads on prescription...All. Too. Necessary!  :'( :'( :'(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Despite their reps I generally find DWP and HMRC very helpful  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 06 June 2020, 01:54:07 AM
Thanks, Guys!  :)
Yes, I am now getting Carers Allowance as Ma is now in receipt of Attendance Allowance (at Higher Rate)...thanks to a nice lass Social Worker.
Also, Incontinence Pads on prescription...All. Too. Necessary!  :'( :'( :'(

Hugs, again !...I think quite a few of us have been through similar 'trials'....It can be somewhat wearing.
We're just glad that now Von's Mum is in the 'home'...she seems to be coping very well.
Apparently our local Health Board have just decided to 'Covid test' everybody there....Not heard the results yet. We just imagine that no-one there will test positive, or show that they've had the dreaded 'bug'.....as there have been no reports of any illnesses there.
Good for the care home.....They locked down a couple of weeks (?) before they were 'told to'.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 June 2020, 06:25:44 AM
Despite their reps I generally find DWP and HMRC very helpful  ;)

They ARE helpful......Once you can get through....that's the worst part. X_X
Von's sorting out her upcoming State Pension at the mo'.
We think everything has been filled in and sent off.....So that, hopefully, will be it. Fingers crossed.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Like any organisation, it all depends who you get to talk too based upon my experience. I now get Carer's Allowance for looking after our son with Special Needs and whilst not much, it pays the food bill each week.

I found applying for a pension very simple. Dont forget to check for pension credits.

Techno

Quote from: Steve J on 06 June 2020, 08:06:29 AM
Like any organisation, it all depends who you get to talk too based upon my experience. I now get Carer's Allowance for looking after our son with Special Needs and whilst not much, it pays the food bill each week.

It all helps, Steve. :)

We now know that we could have been 'putting in a claim' for Von's Mum for two years before we did (genuinely). Talk about flushing 'crisp oncers' down the toilet. =) X_X
Hey - Ho ! ;)

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 June 2020, 08:37:26 AM
I found applying for a pension very simple. Dont forget to check for pension credits.

We probably could claim 'those', Ian.....But, at the mo' it seems a lot simpler to kick anything like that into the long grass.....and just get Von's State Pension sorted first.
What we don't want, is the taxman coming back to us in a couple of years with...."Ooops, we've overpaid you....You owe us..."

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

HMRC have come back to me twice about my state pension - in both cases to say,"Oops! We owe you a few quid."
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Well...That's good, Mike.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fsn

I wondered why the Mounties were getting involved.

Many years ago I became a CPP which allows me to run a transport company. The week was full of acronyms and equations and a three day Indian wedding in the room next door. Jaunty music and delicious smells and glimpses of colourful saris, but I digress.

On the final day we had an exam. When we went in the exam room, written on the board was "RTFQ". This had several of us searching through the training materials for an explanation. "Road Transport" was obvious ... "final questions" we hoped. When the tutor came in, he helpfully explained it was "Read The Flipping Question".

Despite that I can still confuse the Tax office and the Canadian Police.   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: Techno on 06 June 2020, 08:05:37 AM
They ARE helpful......Once you can get through....that's the worst part. X_X

Yep. The PEOPLE are not the 'jobs-worths' as often viewed...but ain't technology great? Have sat in a phone 'queue' for 50 mins until connected...then the HMRC  bloke/lady answered my questions perfectly in less than 1 minute!  :)

And, then, with other Gov't depts....when you get through, the nice girl says they will send a form...which never turns up...not her fault, 'bless', but...  >:(

All The Best to Anyone with probs!  ;)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno

Does anyone know if there's a name for 'shape dyslexia'. (Only way I can describe it.)

I often really struggle with trying to make sense of a 'two dimensional image' and get my brain to envision the piccy in three dimensions.
Extremely irritating at times.

Probably something to do with having had such appalling eyesight from since I was very young.

Cheers - Phil

Try to google it, whoops sorry I forgot you can't do that  ;) :-* :d =)

fsn

It may be a form of dyslexia.

When I left university, I took a class in Psychology. A girl there had severe dylexia. She explained to me that it was a difficulty putting things in order. "If you put three things on a table, I couldn't tell you which is the closest". 

She was in a wheelchair and a single mum.

One of the most positive and happy people I knew.

I gave her coaching of the statistics element of the course.

Happy days.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

or ... if it is an eye problem it may be  stereo blindness?