Tell Techno.

Started by Techno, 22 August 2018, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 03 May 2020, 09:41:05 AM
It's actually on Friday 8th to coincide with 75th anniversary of VE day.

OOOOH !!!! :o

Good info', that man  :-bd.....Just to check.....Is Friday 8th actually swapping with the May B/H, or is an extra ?

Thanks - Phil :)

mmcv

Yeah it's a swap rather than an extra. There were meant to be a load of celebrations and events over the VE Day weekend so was to give more time for that, but obviously they've been put in hold now.

Caused a bit of chaos though for all the calendar and diary printers who had printed before the change was announced!

Techno

Thanks, 'M' !  :-bd

(One of our calendars has got the wrong date anyway !) X_X

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

That one didna occure
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

I am not happy they moved it done me out of six hours bank holiday overtime on tonight's shift    >:( >:(
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 03 May 2020, 01:23:52 PM
I am not happy they moved it done me out of six hours bank holiday overtime on tonight's shift    >:( >:(

You still get overtime, Mark ?.....I thought 'they'd' re-jigged things so overtime was a thing of the past.

Cheers - Phil.

hammurabi70

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 May 2020, 09:36:46 AM
To spread them out a bit maybe, in the spring we have 1 Customary and 3 bank holidays  (customary hols are Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day except in Scotland) and if had been on the 4th we would have had 3 in 3 weeks.

You are overlooking Easter Monday.  They have decoupled Spring Bank Holiday from the original Whitsun.  It would make sense for them to rethink the whole annual schedule but that might be seen as a step too far.  What would one otherwise want to celebrate?

The move of the May Day Holiday is the same as 1995 for the 50th Anniversary.  A shock to the system to remember we are another 25 years on and those of us who are aging post retirement can feel the mortality!

jimduncanuk

I am of an age now where Bank Holidays and Statutory Holidays are a vague memory of the distant past.

Should I still acknowledge Miners Gala Day or just treat it as yet another day.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 03 May 2020, 03:55:31 PM
Should I still acknowledge Miners Gala Day or just treat it as yet another day.

Would depend on the entertainment, mind you you'd probably be the only one there..
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 03 May 2020, 03:12:10 PM
You still get overtime, Mark ?.....I thought 'they'd' re-jigged things so overtime was a thing of the past.

Cheers - Phil.

Not as much as we used to, COVID 19 has helped I have had about 100 hours extra since lockdown started .   Its no longer Built in to shifts, but had it been a bank holiday tomorrow I would have started overtime at midnight and got 6.25 hours at 2.5 x rate.  So a significant amount.  :(

As Friday is already a day rest day for me I will get an extra days leave credited, but with nowhere to go likely this year.......

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Heedless Horseman

Where I worked, in the  early days, there was as much overtime as you wanted!  (My max was 99hrs in a month!). Later, you had t fight for it!  >:(
ENJOY IT WHEN YOU CAN GET IT!
Now, I am looking after Ma, and there are NO days off and no O/T. I'm not getting 'snippy'...BUT, Do, Please, 'Enjoy The Day'! I wieh I was back at work!!!   :( ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

+1.

You are claiming carers (?) allowance.......aren't you ?....That's if it's applicable.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 05 June 2020, 05:29:51 AM
Where I worked, in the  early days, there was as much overtime as you wanted!  (My max was 99hrs in a month!). Later, you had t fight for it!  >:(
ENJOY IT WHEN YOU CAN GET IT!
Now, I am looking after Ma, and there are NO days off and no O/T. I'm not getting 'snippy'...BUT, Do, Please, 'Enjoy The Day'! I wieh I was back at work!!!   :( ;D

We had situations like that a while back - Regularly doing 70-80 hours a month overtime.  Now you are lucky to get a single shift.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!