Crimean War

Started by Nap4, 21 August 2018, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nap4

Hey

was wondering what was happening with this Period
I did hear a rumor that it may be getting an over haul ?

There is a lot missing from the ranges so could be interesting to
see if there is anything planned ?

Thanks

Techno

Sorry.....Can't personally answer your question, Nap4.... :-[

But as that was your first post....A very warm welcome to the forum !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Welcome from me as well. I have actually used the figures in a few games before now, belonging to another club member. The current range is very nice, although, as you say there are some significant gaps. Proxies may be available in other ranges, eg French in kepi in the 1870 range, and French hussars from the 1848 Danes. A few photos:

The 17th Lancers came from either the French or Prussian 1870 lancers. I think we were using Black Powder, bur it could have been Neil Thomas' C19th rules.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Welcome Nap4 :-h

The remodeling of the range was mentioned in this thread by Leon http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17661.msg261256.html#msg261256

So more than a rumour ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome on board and thanks for some lovely images of a game in action Leman 8)

Leon

As mentioned in the thread paulr linked to, we'll be starting to work on new Crimean ranges at the end of this year and I'd hope to have the first releases ready around Salute time next year.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Oh the temptation! Wili I go 6mm or 10mm? Will I go for BBB, Black Powder or Neil Thomas? Good job I don't have to make a decision for several months.i :-i

Shedman

Definitely 10mm for me - I quite like the look of the current Crimean War Russians - I think they would look good in ponderous columns. But I would like to see what poses the new range will include.

And definitely BBB as it has scenarios for all of the battles

nice looking game btw

And hello to Nap4

Leman

thanks Shedman - I can feel myself leaning. Plus the 25x25 basing creates all sorts of other possibilities.

Shedman

The only downside to BBB is that at Balaclava the Light Brigade is only 2 S Vet Cav so that is 4 figures

so how to squeeze the 4th and 13th Light Dragoons, 17th Lancers, and the 8th and 11th Hussars down to 4 figures

Leon - can we have a special BBB Light Brigade pack in the new range please  ;) :D

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Shedman on 22 August 2018, 09:34:00 AM
The only downside to BBB is that at Balaclava the Light Brigade is only 2 S Vet Cav so that is 4 figures

so how to squeeze the 4th and 13th Light Dragoons, 17th Lancers, and the 8th and 11th Hussars down to 4 figures

Leon - can we have a special BBB Light Brigade pack in the new range please  ;) :D

I've been toying with the idea of doubling the number of cavalry myself for BBB.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

One figure for each British regiment!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

And there's the beauty of the inch square base. Two bases for BBB, then refight the actual charge again using all the regiments at four bases strong and Black Powder rules.

paulr

As I have mentioned elsewhere Leon did a special order for my 1917 German Asian Cavalry Korps :)
6 figures from 3 different packs from the 1879-1884 War of the Pacific range, and it wasn't 2 of each :-[
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nap4

Sounds great with the remodelling
cant wait

Cheers  :)