How to pot photo from PC

Started by Orcs, 21 August 2018, 10:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

HI all, I know its been asked a zillion times before, but how do you post a photo on the forum from your PC

Cheers Mark
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

It depends on the host you are using. I am currently using Flickr as it is free.  Before you start make sure you open a new window so that you can move between the Flickr site and the Pendraken forum.

1. Register as a user.
2. When you have a page you will notice a little cloud top right. Click on this to upload photos.
3. There will now be a screen with a large blue box in the middle which asks you to choose photos. Click on this.
4. After a little while a drop down menu will appear, possibly showing all the file areas on you computer. Select and click on photos. Small images of your photos should now appear in the drop down menu, at the bottom of which it will have two boxes: cancel and choose.
5. First click on the photo you want. (If you want to upload more than one hold the left hand key that makes capital letters and click on the additional photos) The photo(s) should now have a blue border around it.
6. Now click on choose.
7. After a short while your photos will appear at the top of the screen with red borders. At this stage you can ask for them to be added to an album.
8. Above the photos you will see a command box saying upload photos. Click on this.
9. Another box appears with the instruction edit and upload. this is if you have decided that you really do want to put the photo into an album, change its size etc.. If you are happy click on upload.
10. You will now be taken back to your home screen. There you will see your photo. Click on it.
11. The screen layout will change showing your photo and a variety of icons around it. You want the curved arrow to the bottom right. Click on it.
12. A new screen showing a code for your photo and above it some other codes. If it is not already highlighted click on Embed.
13. Now hold your cursor over the photo code and a drop down menu will appear. Click on Copy.
14. Now go back to the forum site by clicking on it at the top of the screen.
15. Above your post click on the picture frame icon, third in from the left above cheesy and laughing.
16. The following will appear in your post:
17. Hold down the cursor arrow between the two brackets, another drop down menu will appear. Click on Paste.
18. The code will now appear between the two sets of brackets, but hold on a minute; the third bracket has vanished. MAKE SURE YOU REINSERT THE MISSING THIRD SQUARE BRACKET.
19. Still wishing to make this as complex as possible you must now remove most of the code. First reinsert your cursor in front of the third bracket. Now using the backwards key delete everything up to zpg"/width, including width and  the inverted commas, stopping at zpg.
20. Now reinsert your cursor between "http Farm and the inverted commas in front of http.
21. Again using the backwards key delete everything up to the second square bracket. At this point I always remove my cursor from inside the code.
22. When you are ready (you may want to repeat the process with more photos, or add more text to your post) you click post and your post should come up with a decent sized photo.

It really is quite a faff but once you have done it a few times it becomes second nature and the process speeds up. I have been told that using the BBcode rather than embed is quicker, but I tried that and just got the blue square question mark. Incidentally I post my pictures using the size 640x420 (or something akin to that. Afraid I can't remember exactly but that sort of size is in the sizing menu).

Good luck and I suggest just trying to post one photo to start with as a test.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

Thanks Leman,

going to be now after night shift. Will try tommorow
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson