Three Things that have significantly impacted your wargaming

Started by Orcs, 21 August 2018, 06:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Computer games

Eurogame boardgames

Health problems of self and others
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mollinary

The internet.  A real gateway to a new world, when in a nano second you can be in touch with the only other person in the world with an interest in and knowledge of the flags of the third battalion of the regiment Ingolstadt-Bratwurst issued in July 1865 and withdrawn in August 1865, and who happens to live in Ulan Batoor.

Retirement. The itmea d space to indulge my wargaming fantasies.

To the Strongest. Discovering Simon Miller's amazingly simple yet subtle Ancients Rules, which have led me into the collaboration that has re-activated my ECW obsession after twenty years of hibernation.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

The three things that have significantly impacted on my wargaming are money, computer games,
internet and my unerring ability to find wargame rules that I like that only people on the other side of the world play (and when I did find opponents locally in the case of Honours of War, they played in a different scale!).  ~X(

Four! The four things ...... 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Amongst the things that have had an impact on my gaming are such diverse elements as....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

industrialtrousers

Dad taking me to a wargames show as a kid.

Discovery of warhammer forces of fantasy.

After moving to UK from NZ and spending hours looking through the GW shop there my wife suggesting I just buy something and get on with it. I did warn her....

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!