Fantasy armies for a custom RISK board game

Started by Noktu, 18 August 2018, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

I'm impressed!

That looks really good - you must be pleased with how it has come out.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Wow !!

(I'm not jealous, in the slightest. :^o :^o :^o)

That works SO well, Atte. :-bd :-bd :-bd......I LOVE that.

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Wow!!! What a great map and yet more amazing looking units 8).

ronan

Quote from: Noktu on 05 October 2020, 11:27:02 AM
I just had to quickly assemble it around and throw a few figures on it to show you guys how they look on the map.
(...)

How Great !  :-bd

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Outstanding! I'm sure with your skills you'll have no problem putting together a modular 3D system. Cork is a popular choice, as is polystyrene with a bit of filler or the like to strengthen it. Though at this scale even some thick card, covered in something to texture and strengthen, would look pretty good.

Raider4

Quote from: mmcv on 07 October 2020, 09:38:53 AM
Outstanding! I'm sure with your skills you'll have no problem putting together a modular 3D system. Cork is a popular choice, as is polystyrene with a bit of filler or the like to strengthen it. Though at this scale even some thick card, covered in something to texture and strengthen, would look pretty good.

Bit like the "map" in the opening credits of Game of Thrones? All abstracted and very blocky and angular? Sounds good.

Adamwest

Ray Rivers

sunjester

It has already been said, but that is SUPERB!  =D> =D> =D> =D>

Noktu

30 May 2023, 02:36:21 PM #267 Last Edit: 30 May 2023, 02:43:56 PM by Noktu
Hello!

I've managed to paint up some more Medieval madness (Been starting from scratch multiple times as you can see, now I've switched to the 3mm thick bases and painted up some Lancashire games 10mm Medieval miniatures.)

Still need to finish peasant units for all the players and then I'm done. And then I'll need to figure out how I'm going to do the board for this game, I'd like to keep it modular. And also have a "map" like aesthetic. Or maybe I'll keep it modular in a sense that you can add forests and mountains on top of regions to "lock" them out.

Yada yada yada, I've been literally in the ZONE and have made loads of progress in a short time. As our local vocational school was able to fix me some 3d prints for free (Siege Equipment). I really need to tap into this luck I've run into before they stop printing me stuff.

I've got 4x these painted up for 4 player colours.

A Neutral faction

DecemDave

Probably shouldn't say so on this forum but I really like the siege equipment.   Maybe one day Leon will do a deal with the Finnish school.   :d  :d

Noktu

Quote from: DecemDave on 30 May 2023, 03:04:56 PMProbably shouldn't say so on this forum but I really like the siege equipment.   Maybe one day Leon will do a deal with the Finnish school.   :d  :d

Aye, some 3d stuff is awesome. But especially 10mm I'd always buy casted first.

(Got a bunch of warmaster stuff printed aswell, mostly heroes for test painting purposes)

The printer they had is industrial scale one, and uses wax with the resin. Absolutely horrendous to clean. But worth it I suppose for free printing.

Also the 3d resin feels so much different to paint than metal, as the surface isn't glossy.

I'm getting a full custom Necromunda Imperial Guard set printed this week, I can see the printing work great on 28mm models, when you can actually clean the models with a tootbrush instead of having to fear for your life that every stroke can mutilate a pike or a sword.