Fantasy armies for a custom RISK board game

Started by Noktu, 18 August 2018, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorz_40

Nice hex board and  figure painting  :D

Can You explain Your version of RISK Europe? 

No one army unit in original territory when expanding....

tnx

Noktu

Quote from: Zorz_40 on 03 September 2018, 10:52:08 PM
Nice hex board and  figure painting  :D

Can You explain Your version of RISK Europe? 

No one army unit in original territory when expanding....

tnx

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, got Adolf finished but sadly didn't take a photograph.

We are still working on the rules, but you are able to expand without leaving units on the original territory, every player starts with 3 base tiles that each generate 3gold per Taxation. Tiles with neutral houses provide increased tax gold aswell.

You can maneuver your forces through tiles you do not control as long as there are no enemy units in adjacent territories.

As I'm making more forces for each faction, they will be having infantry split into 4 and 2 man bases. Uneven numbers after  a battle are rounded up.

Also I'm thinking about giving infantry a dice in the ranked attack order so that they will inflict casualities on either a 5 or 6. Just because in RISK durope, infantry serves no other purpose other than cannon fodder.

Victory conditions in our games would be to control a few certain territories on the map, or similiar.

I'll eventually write everything down for reference and I'll keep you posted. :)

Zorz_40

Thank  You.

I can't wait for Your version of game any more  :'(

Are they buildings fixed on base  :-

I suppose those trees are hand made - Caryko Fuzzy Bump Chenille Stems Pipe Cleaners  :D

Do You have limit of figure bases that can be on the single hex or is traffic jam when You are battling?

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Nobody's to follow that last post up !!  :P  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I wonder what Chief O'Brien make's of Cayko's fuzzy bumps?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Everybody is to ignore Phil's last in this thread....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Noktu

Quote from: Zorz_40 on 07 September 2018, 10:46:41 AM
Thank  You.

I can't wait for Your version of game any more  :'(

Are they buildings fixed on base  :-

I suppose those trees are hand made - Caryko Fuzzy Bump Chenille Stems Pipe Cleaners  :D

Do You have limit of figure bases that can be on the single hex or is traffic jam when You are battling?

It seems like it is an endless journey to get the game "finished" but everything is ready for the time being, just replacing old units with better sculpts and adding more versatility to troop numbers.

Buildings are indeed glued on the bases, but there will be a lot of extra hexes to use so you'll be seeing a different kind of battlefield everytime you play.

The trees are actually from Aliexpress/Alibaba? Also using Wish for some bigger trees. It was 17euros for 100 trees, different heights from 3cm to 5cm.

You raise a valid point on the traffic jam, I'm looking into restricting the movement. It might even add a new tactical depth in strategic unit placement! With restrictions on movement, you could "aid" your troops from adjacent hexes?

Wanted to share you guys some WIP pictures of the Pendraken minis I've got painted, also what size flags do you use for your standard bearers? I was thinking about making 13mmx13mm flags for starters? Maybe 13x15/17mm to style some of them up?

20180913_204109 by Atte Lindlöf, on Flickr

2018-09-13_08-43-31 by Atte Lindlöf, on Flickr

2018-09-13_08-43-55 by Atte Lindlöf, on Flickr

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

My American War of Independence flags are 10x10mm and my ECW foot flags are 12x12mm
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

14 September 2018, 04:25:38 AM #55 Last Edit: 14 September 2018, 04:28:18 AM by Noktu
Quote from: paulr on 13 September 2018, 08:55:40 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

My American War of Independence flags are 10x10mm and my ECW foot flags are 12x12mm

Excuse me sir,

Would you mind sending me a few photos of your flag carriers? Those would help me tremendously.

Thank you in advance.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

paulr

Quote from: Noktu on 14 September 2018, 04:25:38 AM
Excuse me sir,

Would you mind sending me a few photos of your flag carriers? Those would help me tremendously.

Thank you in advance.

ECW 12x12mm

More examples in this thread http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17480.msg262344.html#msg262344

AWI 10x10mm

More examples in this thread http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16785.msg259161.html#msg259161
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!