Napoleonic

Started by Barbarossa, 16 August 2018, 11:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarossa

Hi, I would like to know if there are going to be novelties for the Napoleonic period. Especially to complete the range Waterloo but also for the French, Imperial Guard for example. Thank you very much.  ;)

Leon

We have got the Dutch-Belgians coming next to complete our Waterloo plans, and then we might be doing some of the minor nations/states for the 1809 period as well.

We do also have some more French cavalry and the Imperial Guard to release, but I do not have a timescale for those yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

parkerm17

How about some Portuguese figures for the Peninsula War?   That seems to be the most obvious gap.

Leman

Would the British in Belgic shako work as proxies?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: parkerm17 on 18 August 2018, 10:16:41 AM
How about some Portuguese figures for the Peninsula War?   That seems to be the most obvious gap.

We'll be getting to those at some point, but I think we'd have a riot if we went and started on Peninsular ranges before finishing off 1809 and 1815!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dr Dave

Quote from: Leman on 18 August 2018, 11:03:40 AM
Would the British in Belgic shako work as proxies?

Possibly, but no flank coy types, cacdores or cavalry.

Plus when the Portuguese are in the Berritina the British are in stovepipe, so without Peninsula Brits it's a bit pointless. You can't have one without the other really. As a general rule each British division (normally 2 brigades of 3 bttns each) included a  Portuguese brigade (4-5 bttns)

I think it needs a whole new range.  :(

Leman

Such complications and uniform changes and faff are amongst the reasons I have always found it difficult to get excited about Napoleonics.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Very straightforward period with only the French (as per) putting a fly in the ointment of uniform change.

PS. Lobositz to Leuthen and Olmutz to Torgau by Horace St. Paul are on a cracking deal at Naval and Military Press at the moment. Both volumes together for £25 reduced from £75.

Glorfindel

>>PS. Lobositz to Leuthen and Olmutz to Torgau by Horace St. Paul are on a cracking deal at Naval and Military Press at the moment. Both volumes together for £25 reduced from £75.

Many thanks for the tip - I have the first of these and thought it was excellent.

Looks like they also have loads of the Helion books on offer as well.   Just need
to rob a bank and they will be mine !

Phil

Barbarossa

Thank you for your reply. I asked the question because I would like to get into the Napoleonic rule ESR in 10mm, and I did not want to start the period and not be able to finish it. Especially since I really like your figures and I'm not too much to mix with other brands that they are less beautiful.

Barbarossa

That's why I wanted to know if there were other Napoleonic trips. Thanks.

John Cook

Quote from: Leman on 19 August 2018, 10:52:07 AM
Such complications and uniform changes and faff are amongst the reasons I have always found it difficult to get excited about Napoleonics.

Just think of them as several different early 19th century wars, which is essentially what they were.  Lumping them all together as 'Napoleonic' doesn't really work.  It is a bit like calling everything between 1850 and  1870 'mid 19th century' or some other all embracing name.

Leon

lekw

I was also wondering about this. What are people using for 100 days French? Any plans for regular French infantry for the period to be released?