Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
19 September 2020, 04:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Libertad!, our Spanish Civil War supplement is now available!
306952 Posts in 17868 Topics by 2260 Members
Latest Member: JP
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Napoleonic/Mid 19th C. Requests
| | | |-+  Napoleonic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Napoleonic  (Read 7430 times)
John Cook
Major

« Reply #45 on: 25 August 2019, 11:04:04 PM »

What did you mean, then, when you said that 1805 French "are not really a commercial option"?  Rhetorical question.  I'm not really interested in the French Revolutionary Wars. 
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #46 on: 26 August 2019, 01:30:48 AM »

As far as most of the gamers I've played with over the last few years have been concerned, the Napoleonic Wars consist of Waterloo, Borodino and The Peninsular War. There may have been some other minor scraps of no importance.

One was even unaware the The Russians and The Prussians were separate entities and not just alternate spellings!

I blame the school system - too much Home Front and not enough Kings and battles :-)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
Not Drowning, Waving
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #47 on: 26 August 2019, 02:49:52 AM »

At least they could name those battles of significance.
I've met some twenty somethings who had not heard of WWI. More frightening still some knew nothing of WWII... But I guess they would know stuff I don't, so I can't get too carried away...
John Cook
Major

« Reply #48 on: 26 August 2019, 10:57:02 AM »

Unsurprising but depressing nevertheless.  As the 70 anniversary of the outbreak of WW2 approaches next month, one of those surveys that appear from time to time showed that British teenagers are largely ignorant of that conflict.  If they don't know about stuff that took place in living memory, there is little chance they will know much about stuff that happened 200 years ago. 

mollinary
Major General

« Reply #49 on: 26 August 2019, 01:10:20 PM »

Unsurprising but depressing nevertheless.  As the 70 anniversary of the outbreak of WW2 approaches next month, one of those surveys that appear from time to time showed that British teenagers are largely ignorant of that conflict.  If they don't know about stuff that took place in living memory, there is little chance they will know much about stuff that happened 200 years ago. 

Sorry John, shouldn’t that be 80th Anniversary?
John Cook
Major

« Reply #50 on: 26 August 2019, 02:53:12 PM »

Sorry John, shouldn’t that be 80th Anniversary?

No need to apologise.  Yes it should, as you very well know. 
Zippee
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #51 on: 27 August 2019, 11:07:15 AM »

What did you mean, then, when you said that 1805 French "are not really a commercial option"?  Rhetorical question.

i meant in the context of the broad brush approach of each major nation having three major uniform distinctions - early-mid-late if you like.

And that if then selecting which one of those to produce 1805 French were the least commerically attractive option and would be better folded into a Rev War range

I'm not really interested in the French Revolutionary Wars. 

Kind of backs up what I was saying

Chad
Colonel

« Reply #52 on: 27 August 2019, 11:48:40 AM »

So if I understand you correctly, because of significant changes in French uniforms for 1805-1807 it is not worth considering the period, even if the changes in Russian, Prussian and Austrian were either not significant or non-existent.

As for ‘backing’ the French into the Revolutionary period, that would require an even greater range of opposing armies than 1895-07.
John Cook
Major

« Reply #53 on: 28 August 2019, 12:03:52 AM »

I'm not interested in the French Revolutionary Wars, in the context of this thread, because it is about the Napoleonic Wars, which the Revolutionary Wars are not and I'm not sure I know enough about them to make a contribution.  In a gaming context I have no interest in Waterloo but I'm not sure what that backs up.
I remain unconvinced by your arguments about the commercial viability of a range of early French figures, mainly because it is subjective.  I concede that you could be right, but the only empirical evidence, I have seen, is that all principal manufacturers of figures, in all scales, all have Third and Fourth Coalition ranges and that is all I have to go on.
Is it time to draw this to a close?
Chad
Colonel

« Reply #54 on: 28 August 2019, 08:31:29 AM »

John

That’s fine with me as it is not really going anywhere.
Zippee
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #55 on: 28 August 2019, 12:45:04 PM »

fine with me
i don't think its been going anywhere for a while

Barbarossa
Cadet

Vive l'Empereur

« Reply #56 on: 02 January 2020, 02:41:07 PM »

Good morning and Happy New Year to you all. I wanted to know if there would be anything new about the Napoleonic period in 2020. Thank you very much. Thank you very much.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #57 on: 04 January 2020, 08:59:31 PM »

Good morning and Happy New Year to you all. I wanted to know if there would be anything new about the Napoleonic period in 2020. Thank you very much. Thank you very much.

We'll be running a Not-Kickstarter for a Peninsular expansion, around May-June time I think, covering British, Spanish and Portuguese.  We've also got some later French Guard types to get released but I don't have a timescale on that yet.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Sandyfalkirk
Cadet

« Reply #58 on: 25 February 2020, 10:09:50 PM »

We'll be running a Not-Kickstarter for a Peninsular expansion, around May-June time I think, covering British, Spanish and Portuguese.  We've also got some later French Guard types to get released but I don't have a timescale on that yet.

Count me in for that ta much!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #59 on: 25 February 2020, 10:50:36 PM »

Count me in for that ta much!

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: