Request: Pics for Late Medieval command groups

Started by Noktu, 16 August 2018, 07:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

Greetings!

I wonder if there are any pictures out there showcasing the standard bearers, musicians and officers from the late medieval range.

Thank you in advance,
Noktu

fsn

What ho Noktu!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure some bright brushman will be slap out a few piccies that will make your mouth water. Some of them may include late medieval range command. 

Are you looking historically, or seeking to use them as Hyborean Aqulionians?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Welcome to the forum Noktu :-h

Do not be alarmed, not all of us are as enthusiastic as FSN aka Nobby
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Welcome to the forum Noctu. No pictures unfortunately, but I can tell you that the general figure is a lovely little model astride a standing barded horse in full plate armour, visor raised on multi-plumed helmet. No shield and would suit the 1450 to 1520 period. Will make an excellent WoR, Burgundian, French or C15th Italian condotta commander. The Swiss horn blower is modelled on the Uri canton figure in a hood with horns. The drummers are unarmored playing a shallow side drum. If no pictures turn up before the evening I'll dig my unpainted ones out and post a photo.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Noktu

16 August 2018, 09:04:54 AM #4 Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 09:25:05 AM by Noktu
Quote from: fsn on 16 August 2018, 07:46:57 AM
Are you looking historically, or seeking to use them as Hyborean Aqulionians?

Ahoy lads, and cheers for the warm welcome!

My greatest mistake was to start the hobby using Magister Militum miniatures, they are way bigger than Pendraken/Copplestone/TB line.

And I'm on my way to replace all armies using TB and Pendraken Miniatures.

I've been working on my "own" board game. And I'll be throwing up a post regarding that matter later on. But here's a sneak peek for you lads.

I'm going for fantasy/medieval theme.

Leman

Which photo posting system are you using. I have found that when you paste your copy between the the third bracket disappears and has to be reinserted before posting to the forum otherwise the picture does not show. Also, I use Flickr embed which requires about 2/3 of the code to be deleted before a successful post.Somebody said I should use Flickr BB code, but I had no success with that.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Second post in this thread might be the chap your after. He's rather splendid and a joy to paint http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7042.0.html
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Noktu

Quote from: Leman on 16 August 2018, 09:10:23 AM
Which photo posting system are you using.

On my phone currently, and used some fast image upload site. Normally I'd use flickr also.

Are you able to see the picture currently? It shows fine currently on my phone.

Techno

Welcome from me, as well, Noktu.

Nice work on the soldiers in the photo !!

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Leon

First off welcome to the Forum!  I've actually got the ELM range ready to blackwash and get new photos done, so if you can drop me an email I'll send you a pic of these.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Cheers Leon, save me having to dig stuff out and photo-post, plus the backwashed photos will be of much better quality.

Noktu

17 August 2018, 05:43:03 PM #14 Last Edit: 17 August 2018, 05:46:14 PM by Leon
For reference if someone else is interested.

EDIT: Pic resized.