New Member Registration Info!

Started by Leon, 15 August 2018, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Due to the ridiculous number of spammer registrations we've been getting recently (100+ per day) we've had to turn off new member registrations temporarily.  We'll be upgrading the Forum software in September and there should be some extra authentication checks we can put in place at that point, like wargamer-themed qualifying questions, Captcha codes, etc. 

In the meantime, if anyone would like to become a member of the Forum, drop us an email through the Contact page of the Pendraken or Minibits websites and we will register your account manually for you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Can non-members read that invitation?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I got fed up with the dozen or more spambots that I used to get !

Has it got even worse, Leon ?

Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 16 August 2018, 05:41:49 AM
I got fed up with the dozen or more spambots that I used to get !

Over 100 per day now, so it was just getting too much.  I manually check each one so it was a huge chunk of the day taken up when I could be doing something more productive.

Womble67

Thats bad 100 per day

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 16 August 2018, 11:48:49 AM
Over 100 per day now, so it was just getting too much.  I manually check each one so it was a huge chunk of the day taken up when I could be doing something more productive.

That's bloody ridiculous !......Like I said....I got fed up with seeing a dozen or more a day ! Roll on the software upgrade, Matey.

Cheers - Phil

Scorpio_Rocks

Thank you Leon for making the manual process so quick and painless!

Such a shame that your time has to be taken up doing this due to spammers.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021