HESCO Bastion

Started by Sunray, 15 August 2018, 09:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Yes, a good solid British invention - basically a wire mesh cage, with a poly-nylon liner- fill with sand, gravel etc - even small stones, and you have the ubiquitous instant coffee fortification that was so much easier - and afforded more protection - than filling a score of sandbags.   

Since the Gulf War (1991) they have been an indispensable part of any military post, sanger, or indeed the fabric and building blocks of Camp Bastion in the Afgan.   

I am suggesting this would best be cast in resin. 

Any votes ? :)

fred.

Would seem a useful addition. Could be cast in groups of 2 or 3 to make building fortifications easier.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sunray

Quote from: fred. on 15 August 2018, 10:44:25 AM
Would seem a useful addition. Could be cast in groups of 2 or 3 to make building fortifications easier.

Agreed Fred. Never saw a self respecting HASCO on its own!  Sets of 2/3 would give build flexibility.

Perhaps Nobby can source us an image or 2 ?

Aksu

There to protect things that *really* matter

Cheers,
Aksu

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I think these are already done in most scales, from memory Baggage Train and Irregular for 2.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: Aksu on 15 August 2018, 01:29:21 PM

Cheers,
Aksu

Not for nothing are the "Heads" known as the Privy Council.  :)

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 15 August 2018, 01:38:55 PM
I think these are already done in most scales, from memory Baggage Train and Irregular for 2.

Ian - the Irregular is in 1/300 - and Baggage Train- don't see them ?  Are any out there in 10mm ?

He's terrible at putting things in the web site, but seem to rember them turning up at the club, email him.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Aksu on 15 August 2018, 01:29:21 PM

Cheers,
Aksu

In Burma my Grandad's battery were mortared while one was relieving himself in a recently liberated village.
The villages had an elevated communal "long drop" Khazi that left a pile that later served as fertilizer.
I'd imagine they'd have welcomed all the Hesco's they could get.

FierceKitty

Looks dead easy to scratchbuild.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

barbarian

I did some for 28 mm minis with mosquito mesh.
I could do some real fast, just need to think about the material.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!