Any idea what these Toy Soldiers are

Started by paulr, 14 August 2018, 10:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Any one able to identify these 54mm? toy soldiers :-\

They have been donated to a charity shop and they want some idea of what they are and what they are worth

Box has "Merlin Military Figures" on it with an Australian address and Britain Matthew and Cooper written on the inside of the lid
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

No idea, but it might be worth contacting this chap directly, which can be done. Scroll down the right hand side a bit and it gives you details of how to do it. Would love to hear how you get on.

http://vintagewargaming.blogspot.com/

petercooman

Looking at the shape of the base, that reminds me of Hinton Hunt miniatures.

petercooman

petercooman

petercooman

Are they hollow?

otherwise could be brittains hollowcast (wich explains the box)

paulr

Thanks all

They are solid

I've tried sending an email to the blogger, unfortunately the email address  newsfromtoothfairy-attheoldmetaldetector@yahoo.co.uk is not found  :(
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

I have painted more than a few Hinton Hunt 54's and Rose 54's to know they are not either of those makes. I also do not think they are Britains as they usually had mold seam lines. There are quite a few makers of "toy soldiers" today and these do not look that old to me. Just y two cents.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

petercooman

I must admit i am was just looking at models similar in posing and base, to see if it could help :)

Terry37

Peter,

No worries. I have been doing this hobby for so long that I have encountered mare than a few makers. I still have my old Jack Scruby journals. I'll have to take a picture of some of them and share, because they would be considered funny today with the wealth of info we have available to us, but in their day they were something you looked forward to with great excitement each month.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams