Doms Decals

Started by fsn, 10 August 2018, 07:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

The recent thread about Italian WWII decals reminded me about Don's Decals.

They were my first choice for decals, particularly for the tiny aeroplanes, but he suddenly seemed to stop sending out goods.

I still have a small order from January which hasn't been delivered.

Anyone know anything of Dom? Is he still trading? The website is still up but doesn't seem to have been updated for a long while. Is he OK?   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

slugbalancer

No idea about Dom but Paul at Tumbling Dice has stock of Dom's decal sheets.  They aren't on the website, so drop him an email.  I received four sheets from him yesterday. :)
info@tumblingdiceuk.com

pierre the shy

10 August 2018, 10:34:48 AM #2 Last Edit: 10 August 2018, 10:44:32 AM by pierre the shy
Unfortunately looks like trying to hold down two jobs and other real life issues have impacted his decal business for a while now :( :

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=482999

Its a TMP link so expect the noise to signal ratio to be high  =)

Last time he showed up there he did say he was still going and trying as best he could to clear his order backlog but that was a while ago.

I got some 1/300 decals from him some years ago and he gave me a very good deal.  
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

fsn

10 August 2018, 01:20:30 PM #3 Last Edit: 10 August 2018, 02:42:57 PM by fsn
Thanks chaps.

I have got some of his stuff from Tumbling Dice, but for tiny aircraft I have turned to Flight Deck Decals.

They promise some bomber nose artwork.  :)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

slugbalancer

Kevin at Miscellaneous Miniatures is producing really good sets of decals in various scales.
https://miscmini.com/shop?olsPage=products
I'm about to start applying some of his decals to a group of 1/600 B-17s...

Terry37

My last order from him was delayed too. He apologized profusely and told me he was going through a really terrible personal situation. Sounds like it is not over for him. He is a good guy and I know he hates not being able to be so responsive. I know that doesn't help when you are needing some decals.

I have a sheet of Italian armor decals that I am happy to share with you if you don't need too many. Can you tell me what you're looking for. I'll see about getting a picture or a scan to show you what I have.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams