Crimean War range

Started by Shedman, 09 August 2018, 04:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Drowning, Waving

fred.

With several of the other recent new ranges, there has been quite a lot of input from customers with knowledge of the period - so if you have thoughts about what would be good additions, then I suggest sharing them.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Not Drowning, Waving

Hello Fred

I am afraid my contributions to the range would be unashamedly limited to what might easily be converted into Nap Russians: infantry in forage cap, or forage cap with greatcoat; and Russian Staff figures.  I guess for me Ural, Don and Terek Cossacks would be utterly ideal.  Russian Uhlans would probably suit my purposes as well (at 10mm not too different from their earlier counterparts), and no doubt all of these would be sought after those in the know of that period.  The rest of the cavalry had I think evolved significantly by then.

I think it was Don Cossack Horse artillery that was charged by the legendary Light Brigade - so I would assume Crimean War enthusiasts would be after that unit as well (which could sneak into a Nap Russian Army). As I understand it the foot and horse artillery units of the Russian Army at this time had largely the same uniform when on campaign, again the forage cap and greatcoat, and, you guessed it, might work for 40 years earlier...

Look forward to other suggestions for this range, especially for Russians.

Ben Waterhouse

Turks, gotta have Turks, and Light Dragoon's and Lancers and the Last of the Brudenells...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leman

There were also Greek volunteers. Also all the cavalry on both sides should be represented - and what about a nice bit of PC with Mary Seacole tending a wounded British redcoat.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!