And the Winners Are!

Started by Leon, 08 August 2018, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

:o :) :-[ :D

Thanks to Leon for organising the competition, all those who entered for the inspiring entries, and all those who voted
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Can't help thinking DHautpol might have won something if he hadn't put so many entries in each category.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 08 August 2018, 09:20:43 PM
Can't help thinking DHautpol might have won something if he hadn't put so many entries in each category.

Agree. His work was first class. Got my vote.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

xccam

Congratulations to the winners, I agree with lots of them.

I do wonder why an entry of 3 bases was allowed in the Single Base category though - lovely paint job but feels strange to me.

Norm

Well done all participants  - winners or not.

I have poured over the entries and taken away some painting and basing thoughts - so thank you everyone.

Westmarcher

Not just DHautpol. I wonder if those who put in multiple entries shot themselves in the foot to some degree by dividing their own votes. For example, rightly or wrongly, because there were so many good entries, I made the decision to spread my votes around the entrants and not vote twice for what seemed the same thing. As far as the winners in each category are concerned, the only winner multiple entries seemed to pay off for was Shutuphippie - all of the other winners only put in one entry in the category they won.

Anyway, congrats to all the winners and runners-up, thanks to Leon for organising and sponsoring the competition plus my commiserations to everyone else who entered and made it so hard to judge.  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

petercooman

He did get 3 runner up prizes, wich is more than most of us  ;D ;D ;D

Leon

All of our winners and runners-up have now got their Forum badges!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

barbarian

Quote from: Westmarcher on 08 August 2018, 10:37:58 PM
Not just DHautpol. I wonder if those who put in multiple entries shot themselves in the foot to some degree by dividing their own votes. For example, rightly or wrongly, because there were so many good entries, I made the decision to spread my votes around the entrants and not vote twice for what seemed the same thing.

I thought the same thing but i just felt motivated to paint and didn't think I would prep and base and paint a second entry when i posted the first one. But I did. I felt my second entry was better (and indeed awarded me a second place) but couldn't (didn't want to) retract my first entry.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Big Gazza

Congratulations to all the winner and a big well done to everyone who took part.  Thanks Leon and team for putting on the event. I for one am looking forward to next year's event.

Gaz.

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Forez42

Many congratulations, to winners and participants all ! Thanks to Leon for organising the competition, and thanks to everyone who voted for my Germans troops.
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2024 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

Leman

TBH if you're going to have late war Germans that's how they should look. A well-deserved win.  :-bd
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Rupert of hentzau

I would also like to thank Leon in organising this for us. As a community we are so scattered it's terrific to be able to share pictures and ideas on here!
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

DHautpol

I would like to add my thanks to the organisers for arranging the competition and add my congratulations to all the winners, some of the work was amazing.  Rupert of Hentzau's LoA are beautiful, I just wish the units were bigger so as to increase the spectacle.  I also really liked paulr's AWI units, at the other end of the unit size spectrum, and the elephants in xccam's Carthaginians, the face is very expressive.

I would also like to thank Leon for loading my pictures into the relevant places

I would have posted my congratulations sooner but managed to lock myself out of the forum; fortunately, Leon has sorted that out for me now.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!