And the Winners Are!

Started by Leon, 08 August 2018, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 August 2018, 03:10:51 PM Last Edit: 08 August 2018, 03:13:27 PM by Leon
Thanks to everyone who entered the 2018 Pendraken Painting Competition, we've seen a fantastic standard of painting this year and we've thoroughly enjoyed watching the entries come in.  I hope you all enjoyed in as much as we did!

In a change to the format this year, the voting has been entirely in the hands of our members and has been open for the past week.  Every member had 3 votes to cast in each category, so let's see how they judged it...

The Winners of the 2018 Pendraken Painting Competition are...

Foot - Pre-20th C. (34 entries)

This category saw one entry pull away from the pack but there's been a 3-way tie for second place!

1st place: Mixed grenadiers, by redstef - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

Joint 2nd place: Ansbach-Beyreuth, by paulr - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Joint 2nd place: Early Saxons, by barbarian - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Joint 2nd place: Saxe-Eisenach, by DHautpol - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Foot - 20th C. (11 entries)

Again we had a clear winner than a few fighting it out for second place.

1st place: WWI Germans, by Forez42 - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: Soviet AA, by Womble67 - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Mounted (30 entries)

There was a real fight in this category with 1st and 2nd place only separated by 1 vote!

1st place: Polish Hussars, by shutuphippe - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: Prussian Dragoons, by Redstef - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Vehicle (28 entries)

This was another very close contest, with only 2 votes separating the winner from 2nd place!

1st place: Panzer IV, by skinade - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: Type 95 Ha-Go, by Rubenmegido - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Fantasy & Sci-Fi (12 entries)

First place was quite decisive in this category but 2nd was up for grabs for a long time until Ironduke grabbed it!

1st place: Wood Elves, by clawlessdragon - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: Undead skeletons, by Ironduke - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Open - Single Base (20 entries)

We had some excellent entries in this category with two nice entries getting 1st and 2nd place!

1st place: Wiliam of Orange, by redstef - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: LoA Commanders, by DHautpol - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Open - Army! (18 entries)

First place had a clear winner here and then we had DHautpol fighting it out with himself for 2nd and 3rd!

1st place: Servants of France, by Rupert of Hentzau - wins £40 Pendraken credit!

2nd place: LoA French, by DHautpol - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Congratulations to all of our winners!  We'll be contacting you in the next few days to get your prizes sorted out.  We'll also get your Winner's medals added to your profiles!  

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who entered from all of us here at Pendraken HQ.  We always look forward to the Competition each year, watching every day as these wonderful entries come in.  The time and effort that goes into achieving such a high standard is appreciated by all of us here and we hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have.

We'd like to thank all of the members for judging as well, it was a difficult task and we appreciate you taking the time to go through all of the entries.

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nick the Lemming

Just about everyone I voted for there won, so can't complain about any of those verdicts. Congrats to the winners, that was by far the hardest competition to judge so far. Best Army could easily have had at least half a dozen entries at the top.

Techno

Superb entries !......And that also applies to everyone who participated !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb winners, well done all.
:D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Congrats to all the winners (and participants) - extremely competitive year with every category having tough decisions from top to bottom.
Well done all!
Sleep with clean hands ...

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

mollinary

Many congratulations, to winners and participants all! A great competition, inspiring!  =D> =D> =D> =D>
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Well done to the winners and to all who took part. Very hard to vote as the standard was so high.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Congrats to all, dont think anything I voted for won owt  :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ironduke

Well played all, I thought there were some cracking entries
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Congratulations to all.

And may I say thank you to those who voted for my humble entries and those who nearly did.

As my grandmother used to say "it's not the taking a part that matters, it's the winning." 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Martin1914

Well done to all entrants!! Many congratulations to the winners!

Thank you for the votes.

Regards to all

Mart
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Terry37

Sincere congratulations to all of the winners. It was a tough decision in all categories.

Well done all, and that includes Leon and Crew!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

clawlessdragon

Well done everyone, and thanks to Pendraken for running the event and offering generous prizes.
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

skinade

Ay up all , well f me this has been fun . Well done to everyone . Thank you to those who voted for my entries (the cash is in the post) and a big thanks to pendraken for 10mm gold (in all ways) .
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!